Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charity
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I'm leaning towards an Alzheimer's foundation for a couple reasons.

1. It sucks
2. Regan was my favorite president and the first I voted for.
3. My friend Sherry's grandparent's both suffered from it and died within days of each other. Grandpa died the day of grandma's funeral sad.gif

ALS is the other idea.

I originally wanted to donate to a local charity, but maybe this is ok, too. Or maybe we could donate to a regional chapter for ALS or Alzheimers?
GaroldShaffer
I think any charity would be fine, they all could use the money. My wifes grandmother had Alzheimers type symptoms before she passed away last year.

This link http://www.standbyyou.org/ is to the Alzheimers Association of Greater Indiana. They have offices in Indy, Columbus, and Fort Wayne.

They have free booklets that we could give to all attendees. If you wish I can contact them and get more info on how we can donate as a club.

-Garold
GaroldShaffer
I talked to Jeannie at the Indy chapter of Alzheimers Association of Greater Indiana. For donations we can either send a check in or make the donation in person. They would also supply us with info that we put in the goodie bags. Also talked about the club getting a mention in their news letter which she said would be done.

As we get more details on our event I will contact Jeannie and get the supplies frm her.

Is this the charity that we want to donate to? I don't have a problem with it.
seanery
My concern with a donation to any charity is that the money makes it where it is needed. Hard to explain exactly, but we've heard of the charities where only xx cents on every dollar gets to the charity's root.
Pnambic
I think its law that the percentage going directly to help people be common knowledge with a charity, but I could be wrong. Should be as simple as making a list of possible charities, give 'em a call and ask. If you can put together a list, I'll call.

I've worked with Chaucie's Place in the past. They work with abused children.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.