Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on ebay with 70 vin and late model bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
The car looks like a 75 or 76, but has a 70 VIN. Unless they put the late model bumpers on it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...ucks#vi-content

blink.gif
partwerks
I don't know, but you would think they would have front turn signals. At least I don't see any.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Steve @ May 31 2011, 08:20 PM) *
The car looks like a 75 or 76, but has a 70 VIN. Unless they put the late model bumpers on it?[/url]

blink.gif

From the 4 pictures posted, none of which show any real detail, it would appear to be an early tub that was retrofitted with late model bumpers ...

idea.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112816
Steve
I edited my post... I don't want to accuse anyone of anything. It does have an early dash. To each his own. I switched my heavy bumpers with fiberglass GT bumpers. I also liked the late bumpers, but I love the GT look more!
sixnotfour
I have seen 2 1976 914 with early VINS for smog reasons from CA.
no surprise

It appears this perticular 914 is a 70 from video/dash ignition, and ,owners states updated bumpers and interior(move pass seat)
Derek Seymour
The description states late model bumpers. My guess is that they were going for a slant nose look and decided to use the late bumpers for style. Also I'm guessing the fog lights replaced the turn signals.

Until the last car laws passed you could get away with shit even in the '90s . In '93 I had a bug that had shaved turn signals but used the running lights with amber bulbs as a signal instead.

Hot Rodding used to be fun, now you have the "Man" up your ass screwy.gif And yes I want to leave California but can't.
computers4kids
I can't imagine going to all the trouble to change bumpers to late ones, with the shocks etc. If you have ever picked-up a late bumper, you would never bolt one to your car. But hey, to each their own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.