Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the way home from WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
The California redwoods fascinate me. This is on the Avenue of the Giants.
EdwardBlume
Awesome Dave. The weekend is still happening for you. What's that 5 point green leaf behind you? (just kidding) biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Met this guy at Luffenholtz Beach. He was so excited that his bus had a similar engine as a Porsche, I had to take his picture. Meet Ray and his 73 bus named Orange Lemon. It's a 1700 with an automatic.
DNHunt
Ray took my picture. Trinidad Head is in the background.
DNHunt
This the road there. California's answer to the road to Hana. What the hell was I thinkin
TimT
My second car was a VW bus....lemme see, I followed the dead from about 1977 through NOW LOL

What a great bullet proof ride the bus was....

I have WCC envy

did I mention you guys all suck LOL
Brad Roberts
Did he run off with the carmera after that shot ?? LOL You should be more careful of who you speak with Dave..LOL

B
DNHunt
Elk
DNHunt
Getting a little bored. What the Hell was I thinkin
DNHunt
Ah Sh#t. What the HELL was I thinkin. Got some of the bugs off.
DNHunt
Some of this country is sure pretty.
DNHunt
Oregon is just plain blessed
DNHunt
Sittin in a Best Western in Coos Bay Oregon drinkin a couple of beers before walking to dinner. The cars running great. The only problem has been the odometer stopped working, but it's working again. Ray must of filled it with some magic smoke. Gonna get home tomorrow

Dave
mightyohm
Cool pics Dave. Thanks for showing me your Megasquirt setup this weekend. cool.gif
neo914-6
Dave,
Thanks for your pictorial tour. I'd show you mine but they're only mom and pop malls, fast food wonders, sea of tract mansions, tandem parking highways, and natural concrete overpasses. laugh.gif
Felix
rhodyguy
the avenue of the giants was my favorite stretch of road. just beautiful in the am. i pretty much had it to myself. my car gave me little bit over 26 mpg with lots of charging up and down the hills. your thinking what i thought when you wanted me to drive up the coast with you dave wacko.gif .

kevin
Demick
Looks like your going home solo. I guess your co-pilot took the quick route home. Nice pics. Great to meet you and your family.

As for the odometer, it is a common problem. There is a great Pelican Tech article on how to fix it. I had to do it to mine a couple of years ago.

Demick
Jake Raby
Wow, those are nice pics!

Dave, your engine kit is 98% complete, call me when you get home!
SLITS
You went North and I went South - CA Hwy 1 - a few images

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageSomehow deleted my favorite though sad.gif

DNHunt
Some of the land in Oregon. This is Cape Kiwanda. They actually let you drive on the beach. I just parked it and took the picture. It only looks like the seagull is crapping on the car. Wouldn't matter much, it would match all the bugs
DNHunt
Cape Lookout
DNHunt
The view from Cape Meares
skline
You aint home yet? Your family is probably missing you by now.
DNHunt
The mouth of the Columbia River. The bridge spanning it is in the background. The bar is really rough so the Coasties designed their boats to survive barrel rolls.
Eric Taylor
man dave if only I would have known you were coming up 101 all the way! You should have stopped in newport and said hi! Would have loved to have seen another 914.
Eric
ablose58
Very nice pics, Dave smilie_pokal.gif Seeing those pics and all the fun you all had down there made me barf.gif I sure wish I could have gotten off work to join in all the fun aktion035.gif Definitely next year mueba.gif MDB2.gif AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.