Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Throttle switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
girellr
I have gone through every piece of my D-jet injection system and have all new components. I still get an occaional "bucking" so I bought a new throttle switch. Where does it go and how do you install it? Secondly - I still experiance a sort of vapor lock condintion when I go to start the car when the ambient temp is 90 or more. I have to hold peddle all the way down to clear and start.

Cap'n Krusty
They did that when they were new. One of the most common complaints we got when I worked at the dealer in 1973 and 1974. It was explained to me by a D-jet guru (Louis Ero, the guy who designed and built the first, and some say the best, aftermarket EFI diagnostic equipment for D- and L-jet) as the ECU seeing "an electronic lie" The analog system isn't sophisticated enough to be able to weight the signals, and can't prioritize them. Makes it go rich on a warm/hot restart, so you have to mash the pedal down.

BTW, where's you find a new throttle switch? They've been NLA for years.

The Cap'n
girellr
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 1 2011, 01:27 PM) *

They did that when they were new. One of the most common complaints we got when I worked at the dealer in 1973 and 1974. It was explained to me by a D-jet guru (Louis Ero, the guy who designed and built the first, and some say the best, aftermarket EFI diagnostic equipment for D- and L-jet) as the ECU seeing "an electronic lie" The analog system isn't sophisticated enough to be able to weight the signals, and can't prioritize them. Makes it go rich on a warm/hot restart, so you have to mash the pedal down.

BTW, where's you find a new throttle switch? They've been NLA for years.

The Cap'n

Purchased NEW injectors, throttle switch, pressure sensor, cold start, head temp, - etc - all new from an old parts place that sold a bunch of stuff to Auto Atlanta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.