Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche TPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
I'm planning to convert to Mega-squirt on one of my 914 1.7L engines and need to locate a good TPS that is a Potentiometer.

My Question is, what makes and models of Porsche's used this type of TPS?

by reviewing Electrical Diagrams, I'm guessing in the early 80s to early 90s,

911, 924, 944 and 968 but if anyone can help, I'd love the input.

I'll be re-using the original throttle body so the TPS must fit and the early 80s to early 90s look similar. Except for the Turbo TPS.

Thanks

Frank
Joe Owensby
You can look on the link in my sig page to my SDS install. I think I have details where I modified the existing TPS to handle the potentiometer that came with the SDS kit. I think the pot was from a Chevy. took about an hur total to do this. JoeO
JamesM
Do some searches, i have posted a bosch part number before that is easily adapted and has the same shaft shape/size. If you cant find it let me know and i will look take look when i get home.

Honestly though, MS is pretty easy to get going without any TPS.

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Jun 1 2011, 11:34 AM) *

I'm planning to convert to Mega-squirt on one of my 914 1.7L engines and need to locate a good TPS that is a Potentiometer.

My Question is, what makes and models of Porsche's used this type of TPS?

by reviewing Electrical Diagrams, I'm guessing in the early 80s to early 90s,

911, 924, 944 and 968 but if anyone can help, I'd love the input.

I'll be re-using the original throttle body so the TPS must fit and the early 80s to early 90s look similar. Except for the Turbo TPS.

Thanks

Frank

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.