914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
Yellow = 1.7

Green = 2.0

Black = ?

1.8?

will black work in a 1.7?

if not....

does anybody know if L-Jet injectors work on a 1.7 D-Jet by soldering on new L-Jet ends?

the clips are so much better than D-Jet
JamesM
Black should be the same flow rate as the yellow. L-jet injectors are a different flow rate, somewhere in between 1.7 and 2.0 i dont have the exact numbers in front of me

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jun 1 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Yellow = 1.7

Green = 2.0

Black = ?

1.8?

will black work in a 1.7?

if not....

does anybody know if L-Jet injectors work on a 1.7 D-Jet by soldering on new L-Jet ends?

the clips are so much better than D-Jet

underthetire
Do NOT use L-jet injectors on a Djet. Not only different flow rate, but L jet are a high impedance injector.
914werke
1.8L = Blue

Correct Black = replacement for 1.7L djet although I dont know the orig. application
interestingly I was speaking to a "Expert" Dennis at Witchhunter and he looked up the part # on that Blk injector & said he'd never seen it before ?
JamesM
Are you sure on that? I vaguely remember testing some and finding the resistance to be not much different.

I will check again when i get home, i know i have a set somewhere.

Either way, dont use them with d-jet.

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 1 2011, 01:47 PM) *

Do NOT use L-jet injectors on a Djet. Not only different flow rate, but L jet are a high impedance injector.

Drums66
.........Green/Yellow(answer to your question) flag.gif smoke.gif
bye1.gif(I wouldn't mix L with d,just me)
914werke
you are correct the impedance is essentially the same on all, its the resistor pac on L-Jet that makes the diff.

end hijack
broomhandle
so if i use 1 yellow and the rest black it should be the same?

i have a crack on one black i believe. sad.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 1 2011, 03:30 PM) *

you are correct the impedance is essentially the same on all, its the resistor pac on L-Jet that makes the diff.

end hijack

Maybe I had the wrong part number...
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm
Spoke
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jun 1 2011, 06:39 PM) *

I have 3 yellow and 1 black on my 1.8L with DJET. Too bad we're not closer to swap.
Drums66
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 1 2011, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jun 1 2011, 06:39 PM) *

I have 3 yellow and 1 black on my 1.8L with DJET. Too bad we're not closer to swap.

...I think black was 912-E........which was L-jet biggrin.gif flag.gif
bye1.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Enough speculation!
Black D-jet injectors are the same as the yellow ones. Early T3 and T4 had black which morphed into yellow ones as production went on. Green are 2.0, Blue are Mercedes Benz. Porsche and VW L-jet injectors are various shades of light blue, and may work across the board on L-jet VW cars and Porsche 914s, but they're NOT all the same, so it's wise to use the correct P/N for your engine. 912Es use grey injectors, and L-jet 928s have tan ones. L-jet injectors are powered up through a resistor block, and should NOT be used with the 12v power used to power D-jet injectors.

The Cap'n
JamesM
Djet injectors are powerd through resistors as well, they are just internal to the ECU. somewhere between 6-8 ohm in all the ECUs i have torn apart.

I suspect that L-jet injectors could be made to work with a D-Jet system, but why would you want to? If you are going to go so far as to run non stock parts, hack up a wiring harness, and deal with having to tune d-jet around the new injectors you might as well just install Megasquirt.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 1 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Enough speculation!
Black D-jet injectors are the same as the yellow ones. Early T3 and T4 had black which morphed into yellow ones as production went on. Green are 2.0, Blue are Mercedes Benz. Porsche and VW L-jet injectors are various shades of light blue, and may work across the board on L-jet VW cars and Porsche 914s, but they're NOT all the same, so it's wise to use the correct P/N for your engine. 912Es use grey injectors, and L-jet 928s have tan ones. L-jet injectors are powered up through a resistor block, and should NOT be used with the 12v power used to power D-jet injectors.

The Cap'n
Drums66
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 1 2011, 05:32 PM) *

Enough speculation!

The Cap'n

Also seen grey & tan used in buses confused24.gif ....maybe they think like
the poster poke.gif ....& any other person that would mix colors(injectors)
bye1.gif yellowsleep[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
broomhandle
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 2 2011, 12:28 PM) *

I suspect that L-jet injectors could be made to work with a D-Jet system, but why would you want to? If you are going to go so far as to run non stock parts, hack up a wiring harness, and deal with having to tune d-jet around the new injectors you might as well just install Megasquirt.

I been looking at megasquirt. just out of my price range right now. i have 2 914's, one is a daily driver for work. much more fun that than a jetta.. smile.gif

my D-Jet is hacked up by the owner before. I just want reliable. and thats probably Mega. Modern is always better. smile.gif

broomhandle
so, i am done with old injectors.

does anybody know an alternative to a 1.7 D-Jet injector? something that fits in and the same flow? and something that i can get new heads to solider in place?

all my heads are jacked up. and the old injectors have to go..... 1970. a little old i guess.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.