Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: right now - air cooleds on car warriors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
air cooled
ezbngreen914
Cool, thanks for the heads up... looks pretty scary so far!
Nie Zu Alt
....looks like they managed to create 2 more VW custom abortions! barf.gif barf.gif
AZ914
I try to like that show, I really do.. but I just can't. Show is more about people getting pissed at eachother than building the cars. Wish they would spend some more air time on the design and fab and less on the shipdits talking trash.

BUT, they do end up with some cool designs.
bugsy0
All these shows have such a heavy social/people/human relationship element. Obviously the target audience really isn't _that_ into mechanical stuff - just enough car related content to make you waste 1/2 hour of your life wondering why the show is so stupid. 914World is far more interesting...
Elliot Cannon
Too much contrived drama. Deadlines, personal conflicts. Who needs it? If it weren't for all that krap, I'd still be watching American Choppers.
RiqueMar
We know a few of the guys on this episode, as well as the main sponsors for parts.

Apparently, it's not a so much a 3-day event as it is a 30-day event.....
Drums66
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jun 1 2011, 06:47 PM) *

I try to like that show, I really do.. but I just can't. Show is more about people getting pissed at eachother than building the cars. Wish they would spend some more air time on the design and fab and less on the shipdits talking trash.

...That's the way I view it! shades.gif
popcorn[1].gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
jzdu
That center seat and FUBAR pedals were lame!!
Jake Raby
What a bunch of numbskulls.. They called me looking for free engines.. Promised me stardom, free advertisement and the works..

My response was "I've learned my lesson with TV people, call someone who believes your lies and that needs advertisement". Then I slammed the phone down..
bugsy0
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 2 2011, 01:47 PM) *

Too much contrived drama. Deadlines, personal conflicts. Who needs it? If it weren't for all that krap, I'd still be watching American Choppers.

agree.gif That's it. Imagine what the TV world would be like if the corporations' main objective was to build our civilization and culture instead of shareholder value or whatever they call it this decade.
bandjoey
TV BS. Friend at work was picked to do a reality on families with kids in sports, to be shot in their home for 2 weeks.

Paid Good Money, too. The TV people build a set of their home in the studio and for a month they came in with scripts and did the "show" on the set. BS
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 2 2011, 11:57 PM) *

TV BS. Friend at work was picked to do a reality on families with kids in sports, to be shot in their home for 2 weeks.

Paid Good Money, too. The TV people build a set of their home in the studio and for a month they came in with scripts and did the "show" on the set. BS

"Reality" TV is just nonsense to get around having to pay the actors normal SAG/Aftra wages. Heck, there is no daily wage or minimum for a "Reality" TV show.

BUT, given the number of people who subscribe to PEOPLE/US/Etc. magazines and watch "Reality" TV, apparently a huge amount of the USA audience wants craps spoon fed to them. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Sad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.