Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad on Baldies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
EdwardBlume
Check out that nice car. Looks like Yeaman's 3.0 track car, with Mr B at the wheel.
EdwardBlume
Nice form. I'll bet he's toe to heel to shin on all 3 pedals.
EdwardBlume
Auntie Em, its A TWISTER, ITS A TWISTER!!!!!!!!!!! Now where's reverse??
EdwardBlume
Don't worry about the timing slip now....
J P Stein
Danm, lookit all that concrete.

I got rained on after 2 runs, Sunday........that sucked.
My son Joe got 10 dry runs....but the old man still whupped him by 2 seconds....heh,heh.
nine14cats
Hey JP!

We missed ya....hope you can make it down sometime to play with us folks here....

Bill P.
biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
I pulled out EVERYTHING trying to make that damn car stick. I arrived at the event in the car and decided to run it on the street tires... walked back into the pit area prior to my run group and found Yeaman changing the car over to the Hoosier road race tires... I about shit... after seeing the surface and knowing that the Hoosiers where 2 year old road race compound after 13 heat cycles.. I knew I was in for a fun ride. IT SUCKED. The car would turn in pretty good, but the rear end was ALL OVER the place..even with slight throttle input. If I went slow and smooth my times where the same as fast and out of control.. so I went with the most entertaining route (sling it around and impress the onlookers with car control...LOL)

I *thought* I would dial in more front bar during lunch.. DENIED. Late start meant NO lunch.

B
EdwardBlume
Yeah and you took 3rd place in the race category!!!!!!!! You were the most entertaining to watch because you were fighting traction all the way around. The big spins are always crowd pleasers though. driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I aim to please. The car had 54's in it.. just not on those tires. I should have taken a pic of the Hoosiers... down to the nylon cords... It was no wonder it wouldnt even think about sticking.

B
J P Stein
Hey, Bill.....the good news for the weekend is I got the truck & trailer ready to go....all legal & everthin...lights, plates.....I'm ready to travel.

Lemmeno about your AX's with a large chunk of concrete......July or August would be gud.....you gotta be there....I wanna' run at the "fast guy" (that would be you biggrin.gif )

Gonna' go up to Bremerton of 3 July. After that, not much shakin' around here till after the Rose cup & CART race(or whateverthefucktheycallitnow)....PIR's all tied up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.