Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIS Removal...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
There any other nuts besides the manifold/intake runners ?

Also, the cooling pieces sandwitched between the upper/lower valve covers..... how do they come off ?
Carrera916
Hi Dave....

Not sure if I understood your question.....removing CIS (as continous injection system?)....

removing tins between valve covers...i'm assuming you're taking about the CIS 911 engine?

If so, look underneath the tin, and you'll see two or three 6mm bolts holding it....well, err, depending on year model...

as for the CIS, there's 12 of 8mm nylon nuts at the base of the intake runners, and the airbox itself with the CIS unit maybe secured (by bracket behind the box) down to the center of case....(man, I forgot what they look like at this time)...and you can pry the whole thing upward and evenly...it should come right out...

hope this helps...

j
Eric_Shea
IIR... it's a PITA biggrin.gif

There's quite a few connectors as well. Some that require some weird contorsion manuvers. It's been a couple of years since I took mine off my 930/07 (80 SC Engine).

Remove the intake runner nuts and start pulling around... you'll find the next challenge, take it off and pull again. Next. So on and so forth.

Sorry... no step by step.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.