Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Tornado Aftermath in Massachusetts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This video was taken right after the tornado went through Brimfield on 6/1/11
The location is a couple miles from where Ed Morrow (ejm) lives. Brimfield is one of at least four towns in western mass where the tornado touched down and did considerable damage.
Ed called this morning to say he won't be at work today. His neighborhood is intact but has no power. He says most of the roads near him are impassable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSPMOoAEys8
rick 918-S
Good news about Ed, Who else lives in or near the area where the storms when through? Rich Towle PM'd me yeasterday saying there were warning on the news in his area but I haven't heard from him yet. He was moving 17 vehicles into his barn.
ChrisFoley
Chris Adeletti (cevan)
and Scott Brammell (scottb)
come to mind right away.
Rich T. is well north and east of the tornado's path.
r_towle
we be fine, we had a later cell pass by with no drama at about 8pm.
My sister live in Douglas...the one that touched down was on the other side of town...thankfully.

Its a wierd thing to have tornadoes here...
The lightening was awesome.

Rich
ChrisFoley
A friend emailed me this photo, taken in Springfield as the tornado crossed the CT River around 4pm.

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
OMG

that video is nutz. blink.gif

if that was my house, I would feel very blessed to still be living.
zymurgist
yikes.gif
Ductech
That was insane looking. I have to admit that Dude had a great attitude from the sound of his voice..... Mostly like a "I can't believe I'm alive right now" attitude. That twister sure messed up that guys place.
r_towle
From what was said on the news, those two guys hid out under a set of metal stairs (the guy is standing on them to film) and rode out the twister while watching the business being torn apart.

Its a junkyard.....must have been quite a bit of stuff flying around.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.