Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ChrisR: Your MPS is toast!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
I finally poped open Chris Reale 037 MPS to see why it ran rich. Well, duh.... totally blown out diaphram!
After the breakfast I'll finish snapping in a spare diaphram and spec it out for you. It's gonna cost you big time.

Geoff
ChrisReale
Yea, I thought we knew it had a bad diaphram...couldnt hold a vacuum. I have two chrome fog light grills in great condition, maybe we can work that into the deal?

Damn, I just realized the brass inside the cover should be attached to the rest of the diaphram. sad.gif
914guy
If you wind up not working the chrome fog light grilles into the deal PM me, I am looking for some!

~Eric
seanery
Geoff,

That looked like a mac keyboard. Are you a mac guy?
Brad Roberts
I have 10-12 1.7 MPS's laying around. Can we use the parts out of them ??

B
Dave_Darling
Sure! It'll be closer than the Brett rebuilds, at any rate... Of course, the parts you put in will be used, and no telling how long they'll last...

--DD
crash914
Brad, I might take you up on one of the mps's....I just put a vacuum on mine that was in my car....yesterday ok, today, won't hold vacuum......man, bring on megasquirt......let me know...see my add under parts wanted....thanks, herb
seanery
Hey Herb, Let's see pics of the car!!
Bleyseng
Brad, the parts I steal out of MPS's are the diaphrams,the spacer ring and some of the main bodies and the machined plug. I then can adjust them to spec or toe custom spec if I know the cars set up.
Best way is to adjust em on a dyno of course.
My home computer is a Mac and I have a Dell notebook.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Geoff,

Have you pulled apart the bad 037 I sent to Chris ??

Crash.. I cant send you anything for free until we see pics of your black 914 (blackmale) << good name for his car...LOL

B
Bleyseng
uh Brad, that is the one!
Brad Roberts
You said HIS. I figured you pulled apart his original MPS.

B
Bleyseng
He never had a orginal MPS. When he put the car back together he borrowed a 049 (1.7L)one from the shop so the car would run. That is why he has been running around trying to buy a good used one. The one in car now is a junkyard 037 (73 2.0L) that is a slow leaker but runs ok.
I have put one together for him and Joe S is testing it on his 73 2.0L stock set up. This will atleast tell that the MPS is set up right and maybe the other problem Chris is having are not MPS related. He is chasing little things and he keeps changing things.
(Chris don't sell those chrome grills)
Geoff
ChrisReale
Well, I have been chasing the little pesky things, but most of it has been by folly. Like today, when I was re-checking the timing, I connected to #2 ign wire. I was like WTF? Then I realized my error, and set it properly. I think my TPS switch is on its way out. I cannot get it to zero ohms. It goes to 2 at the lowest. I also had an old rev-limiting rotor in, that was, well, old and was messing with my idle. I put in my good standard rotor, and it was much better mellow.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.