Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - i was popular in the home depot parking lot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
pic

cops of rt 1 were even smiling : )
Jim,
One word to you GE water heaters are crap,How do I know I work on rental properties and always had issues with them.A.O.Smith are the most trouble free..Nice hauling job..
carr914
You do know that Home Depot Delivers, right? poke.gif
jimkelly
now you tell me : ))

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 2 2011, 01:10 PM) *

You do know that Home Depot Delivers, right? poke.gif

windforfun
That's looks nice & safe.
hasaramat
Is that thing air cooled or water cooled? laugh.gif
underthetire
And its a water heater, not hot water heater poke.gif
wingnut86
...geez Jim.

Down here we say, "...You might be a redneck if..."

Do you have a friend named Bubba as well?

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

--Wingnut86
ewdysar
If you remove the trunk lid, you should be able to get tall things like that down into the trunk well. That seems a little more secure to me.

When my wife had a Sebring convertible, we carried all sorts of tall things home from HD and Lowes in the back seat.
underthetire
Jim Kelly building a shed biggrin.gif
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Workshop/Overload.htm
type47
How do you expect that little 4 banger to haul that load? You need something with a V-8! ... and twin trunks... biggrin.gif
jimkelly
the drag coefficient was reduced for sure - like driving with a parachute open.

anyway - installed - hot water - need to take a shower after crawling around in that damn crawl space - mine is pretty nice compared to others - but still. saw some snake skins down there : (
Drums66
QUOTE(914 @ Jun 2 2011, 01:05 PM) *

Jim,
One word to you GE water heaters are crap,How do I know I work on rental properties and always had issues with them.A.O.Smith are the most trouble free..Nice hauling job..

....now you tell him!! laugh.gif poke.gif
bye1.gif
Spoke
You could've parked in the Walmart parking lot and nobody would notice.

Of course you might end up on peopleofwalmart.com. Depends on what you were wearing.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 2 2011, 05:39 PM) *

You could've parked in the Walmart parking lot an nobody would notice.

Of course you might end up on peopleofwalmart.com. Depends on what you were wearing.

I was thinking thereifixedit.com. wink.gif
Jakeodoule
I sure as hell wouldn't brag about doing something like that.

Sorry but thats how big car wrecks happen and motorcyclist's get killed.
76-914
QUOTE(914 @ Jun 2 2011, 01:05 PM) *

Jim,

He is right POS. AO is the best. Wait about 3 mo's then call the 1 800 # on the heater. Tell them the pilot will not light and that you need a pilot generator per your plumber. Then put it on the shelf when it arrives. You'll need it later. Or, when it dies within the warranty period you can be without hot water for 5-7 days while waiting on your warranty part. Even your standard water heaters are changing in design quickly and manufacturers are making proprietary parts i.e. left hand threads on thermocouples(American Wtr Htr Co), double offset thermocouple(GE), Thermocouples with single use hi limits (American Wtr Htr Co) and on and on. We get calls on a weekly basis from people like you who wanted to save a few bucks and now have the pleasure of being w/o hot water for a week while waiting on parts or paying $75 for overnite express. They're usually very pissed off, too. ar15.gif
jimkelly
i replaced my electric WATER HEATER 1.5 years ago with a navian tank less water heater - that damn this broker down on me 3 times - this last time i decided to to have it fixed - and go back to an electric WATER HEATER. also, the tankless seemed to take forever for hot water to get to the faucet. i think ge was all that home depot had - i will cross my fingers that i get 10 - trouble free - years out of it. thanks guys.
Elliot Cannon
If you were driving like that on the freeway in LA, the Highway Patrol would be smiling at you as well but for a completely different reason. lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you were driving like that on the freeway in LA, the Highway Patrol would be smiling at you as well but for a completely different reason. lol-2.gif

I double posted by mistake. How do you delete a post you just made??
mskala
I don't get it, this is exactly why we buy 914's. Take the roof off and put it in the passenger seat.
Tom_T
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 2 2011, 12:49 PM) *

pic

cops of rt 1 were even smiling : )

piratenanner.gif
You should submit that to Auto Weeks' "Moving Misques" in "But Wait, there's more..." on the back page: bwtm@autoweek.com

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.