I have a complete 1.8L Type 4 engine out of a Porsche 914 that is missing only the computer for the fuel injection and the flywheel. I have a spare used flywheel, but it will need to be resurfaced. Fully complete, has all tin and cooling hardware. Turns over well and seems to have good compression. Picked it up for a project car but decided to go another route. Engine is ready to go, throw a flywheel and your form of induction onto it and your good to go. The owner replaced the engine with a larger displacement engine and this engine was told to have low miles. Was a running driving motor when pulled. Just dont have a run stand to test it, but have no doubt that it will run fine. Inside of the valve covers look really clean and in great shape.

If you are a VW person and looking for one of these to do an upright conversion on thats cool too. If you dont want the stock cooling tin thats fine too. I understand. Been there, done that. I also have a complete type 4 1.7 longblock (bus case but has 914 domed pistons and 914 1.7L heads), and it also is in great shape. No tin, just a longblock, but this one has a flywheel. If you are interested in the longblock, just email me for the price and we can talk.

Also have type 4 engine parts, upright conversion parts, and other stuff if your looking for something.

Both are for sale. Money to fund my new project. Dont have photos at the moment, best to just come see them in person.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article