Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 type 4 engine re-assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john914/4
I am putting my 1.7 type 4 case back together and looking for some advice. looking and reading what books I have they are a little vague. what is the best sealant to join the case and is there a paticuler bolt tightening secuence? if I torque the 6 main bolts then the others will that do? thanks for your info. john.
nathansnathan
The Tom Wilson Book is the one to go by when you're putting the engine together.
Jake Raby
You REALLY need my engine rebuild video. Coupled to the manuals all the bases are covered.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 3 2011, 09:12 AM) *

You REALLY need my engine rebuild video. Coupled to the manuals all the bases are covered.

Where can we get a copy?
tscrihfield
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 3 2011, 01:56 PM) *

Where can we get a copy?

Type IV store! Great buy. Jake really makes it look easy though. I think it was $30, but if you think about it that is a lot of info for the $$$. If you google type IV store it'll come up.
mgphoto
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jun 3 2011, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 3 2011, 01:56 PM) *

Where can we get a copy?

Type IV store! Great buy. Jake really makes it look easy though. I think it was $30, but if you think about it that is a lot of info for the $$$. If you google type IV store it'll come up.

Thanks, ordered now at $41 plus shipping.
stugray
WAIT!

You should have Jake add his engine rebuild sealant kit as well.
I thought it was high priced at first, but once I priced all the different sealants from other vendors, Jake's WAS a good deal.

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.