Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
I think my cable freaking snapped on me. headbang.gif I am guessing that it got caught on something or just wore out from rubbing. I will have to look into that. I was trying to start it up and gave it some gas a couple of times and heard a pop and the pedal went to the floor and stayed there. I am trying to figure out if I am going to have to buy a 914-6 cable or if I can use one that is off a 4 cyl. I am assuming the 6 cable is what I need. The engine is a 1970 E 911 2.2 with Zenith carbs.
Tom_T
Best check that you've got a good ground strap & connections from the transaxle to the chassis (stud on underside of rear trunk), otherwise your acc. cable becomes the ground & fries! blowup.gif

You do have a grond strap there, don't you!? poke.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2011, 03:22 PM) *

Best check that you've got a good ground strap & connections from the transaxle to the chassis (stud on underside of rear trunk), otherwise your acc. cable becomes the ground & fries! blowup.gif

You do have a grond strap there, don't you!? poke.gif

I have a good ground strap for the tranny. I did just discover after calling a friend that is a mechanic that I have a cable from a 4 cylinder because mine doesn't go to the tranny. I'm still going to make sure it's not rubbing on anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.