Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thumbs up to High Performance House
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Was cleaning the 914 this AM and found one of my Cibie headlight (H4) units had taken a rock strike and was badly cracked. No longer made....of course. These are '70s era lights.
Need just one unit. Went up to Rich's and he sent one of his guys hunting in his enormous stash.
Well about 20 minutes later he comes back with a perfect match from one of his hundreds of parts cars....he even found me a matching mounting ring since one of mine only had 2 ears instead of 3 for mounting the headlight to the bucket.

Now everything matches again biggrin.gif

Props to Rich!
windforfun
I've bought a bunch of stuff from him over the years. He's an excellent resource. Rich's main mechanic Larry really knows his way around a 914 too. I think his name is Larry.
DanT
I have known Rich for over 20 years now. We even used to run in the same TT class running our modified 914-6s. He had one with a 3.0 motor and I had my 2.7RS motor. Tons of fun! biggrin.gif
McMark
Yup, Rich usually comes through in a pinch. thumb3d.gif
Mike Bellis
He problably had 10 of them stashed up there...
DanT
Not sure about that....this one was still attached to the entire headlight mechanism.
I am sure he could probably have more if he just would organize his inventory. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
It was probably easier to pull that one off one of the wrecks than to locate it in the 3-story warehouse. And actually get to it, with all of the other 914 parts in the way... wink.gif

(I should have such problems!!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.