Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What sucks about not driving a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
This is all the faster my little truck would go before the computer shut it down, it kills the engine if you try to go any faster. Anyone know how to bypass this?
TROJANMAN
it has a governer on it. my corrado had the same thing, capped out at 125mph. you need to replace the chip.
Jeroen
Do you really WANT to go any faster than that in a truck?
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
skline
Hell yeah, it rides very nice at that speed. Besides, with the mods on the suspension, it handles great, I bet I could have got a great time in the AX on Saturday if they would have let me run it. Plus, you can see in the pic, it wasnt even at 3k yet
Levi
Scott,
Your speed is controled by the computer, it can be re-programed.
Rouser
Doesn't anybody use Google? Heck, even on eBay: Chevy S-10 Performance Chip.
skline
I bought that exact chip, but the truck only has 13k on it and it will void the warranty if I install it. I have it ready for when the warranty expires. I already have the modified intake and exhaust for it too. Someday I will get to install it.
Rusty
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 9 2004, 06:06 AM)
I bought that exact chip, but the truck only has 13k on it and it will void the warranty if I install it. I have it ready for when the warranty expires. I already have the modified intake and exhaust for it too. Someday I will get to install it.

And driving it at 95 won't void the warranty? blink.gif

They could make a pretty good case for street racing, if the computer actually logs the speeds you drive.
skline
You know what? I never thought about that. Oh well, I drive to the limits most of the time so whatever.
rhodyguy
scott's truck is real sharp. he'll be all set when he locates a rear hitch.

kevin
skline
The rear hitch showed up Monday after the WCC. I had ordered it a week or so before hoping to get it in time. Go figure it would show up afterwards. Its just how it goes for me sometimes.
balljoint
My S-10 cuts the fuel at 100 MPH, and I do not want it to go any faster than that. Of course it is a lifted 4x4 with extra leaf springs so in a straight line it is fine but I don't think I would want to AX it.

What sucks about not driving the 914 is exactly that, no quick turns, no fun on twisty roads, oh and current fuel prices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.