Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 cavity search
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I usually use a 10x zoom point N shoot camera, but even with its moderate size, its too clunky to get into the tight spots around a 914. I recently got an Iphone and was jazzed to find out that it fits into tight spots that I cannot get my fat head into to take a photo. I was able to get shots of both hell holes (with ECU installed!) using the flash, into the top drivers door jamb for the paint label, and into the driver rear wheel well looking for rust. I lifted the hose above the engine code on a 2.0L up, did not disconnect it, and got the engine code.

Its lens is on one corner near an edge, so I put that edge of the phone/camera on the floor and shot up at the rear long doughnuts. Just giving you ideas for your next 914 photo session.

I wonder where else we can go on this fantastic voyage? biggrin.gif

r_towle
I learned that one a while back...

When looking at buying a car, its a lot easier to stick a camera into the hell hole than it is to ask a seller to remove anything....

Rich
jim_hoyland
Great pics ! Do all iPhones have the same capability ?
Steve
Only the latest one has the flash. I have last years 3GS and it doesn't have the flash.
It sucks in low light areas.
McMark
Also, if you're not getting the picture lined up right, you can use the video camera and turn on the flash.

Nice tip, Jeff!
76-914
Well Hell Jeff, Welcome to the 21st Century. Now go to Itunes and download Dashboard and GMeter for your IPhone. GMeter calls out your G's thru the car stereo plus it does some minor logging. type.gif
stewteral
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 4 2011, 11:13 AM) *

I usually use a 10x zoom point N shoot camera, but even with its moderate size, its too clunky to get into the tight spots around a 914. I recently got an Iphone and was jazzed to find out that it fits into tight spots that I cannot get my fat head into to take a photo. I was able to get shots of both hell holes (with ECU installed!) using the flash, into the top drivers door jamb for the paint label, and into the driver rear wheel well looking for rust. I lifted the hose above the engine code on a 2.0L up, did not disconnect it, and got the engine code.

Its lens is on one corner near an edge, so I put that edge of the phone/camera on the floor and shot up at the rear long doughnuts. Just giving you ideas for your next 914 photo session.

I wonder where else we can go on this fantastic voyage? biggrin.gif

Hey Jeff:

WOW, your car has almost NO RUST and what little there is, is surface only.
You have a rare 914, indeed!

Best,
Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.