Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

I currently have a Momo wheel mounted on a hub adapter. I bought the quick release from Albert at Go Super Fast website and it is really nice.

Ball bearing assembly the locks tight. Really nice unit.

What I don't care for is that it puts the steering wheel about 3 inches closer. It might be OK after I get used to it, but feels a bit weird now.

So can I take that splined adapter off and cut it down an inch or so?

It would have to be cut on the side closest to the brake pedal.

I did look on the web for a short splined adapter but couldn't find anything.

Randal

I took off the splined adapter and there doesn't seem any easily way to shorten it, without some serious welding and that would only net about an inch - probably not worth it.

So guessing this is one situation where you get used to the wheel being closer or forget it.

Actually the wheel being closer probably isn't an issue, but I think I'll wait until after the hillclimb to try anything really new.

Pretty easy to put it on maybe I'll try it at Medford.
Randal
http://yel.pca.org/tech_driving_position.php

OK, so the trick is to have your elbows between 90 and 130 degrees when your hands are on the 9/3 position on the wheel.

Got to bolt it back on and see the angles with me in the seat.

This might work.
73Euro911S
Is your Momo wheel dished? If so, you can search for a flat vintage Momo wheel, or another wheel that uses the same hole pattern as the Momo, like an Abarth or Dino. Going to a flat wheel will push you at least an inch close to the dash.

Nick
Randal

I think I've figured out a great way to cut 1" out of the adapter. Bill C and I are going to get it done after I come back from Oregon.

larryM
at least you won't be flipping on the wipers & turn signals and getting hoots from the gallery

balljoint
I signal all my turns in AX.

Is there any way you can adjust your seat that will help? Any tilt available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.