Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: holy crap he lives.......(but a real question follows)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Howdy dudes and dudessessessess

Getting ready for The Glen @ end of month and I need to know what calipers I have......I wanna say SC but am unsure? I bought the whole setup as a rebuilt kit to include A arms etc> the fronts are 3.5" and the rears 3" but niether is a 914 part they are off a 9eleben of some year. I know they are all dual piston (one per side)

So if any of you guru's of the stopping world have a clue as to where on these I should look for a part # and or a way to measure or what I would appreciate it

Thanks ya'll

josh blink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jun 5 2011, 07:16 AM) *

Howdy dudes and dudessessessess

Getting ready for The Glen @ end of month and I need to know what calipers I have......I wanna say SC but am unsure? I bought the whole setup as a rebuilt kit to include A arms etc> the fronts are 3.5" and the rears 3" but niether is a 914 part they are off a 9eleben of some year. I know they are all dual piston (one per side)

So if any of you guru's of the stopping world have a clue as to where on these I should look for a part # and or a way to measure or what I would appreciate it

Thanks ya'll

josh blink.gif

You had to know this was coming.. happy11.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
degreeoff
I hear ya Rick.....I'll git sum up later this week......
ConeDodger
The 3.5" spacing is from 84+ Carrera's. SC's had 3" spacing...
jeeperjohn56
Like Rob said, I have a 84 Carrera SC that has 3.5 front spacing and 3.0 rears.
MikeSpraggi
'bout time biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jun 5 2011, 08:16 AM) *

...I wanna say SC but am unsure? I bought the whole setup as a rebuilt kit to include A arms etc> the fronts are 3.5"

What they are from does not matter - just what they are.
If they are aluminum, they are 'S' calipers.
If they are cast iron, they are 'A' calipers - which are basically S calipers cast in iron for "more rigidity" say some and "cheaper" say the Porsche bean counters...

If they are alloy and have lovely fins all over, they're either Turbo or RSR and another kettle of fish. But you'd have mentioned that...
campbellcj
What they said.

However to further clarify, they could also be wide-A calipers and rotors from the 84-89 Carrera. Same pad and brake torque but a bit better heat sink capacity.
Eric_Shea
Rob and Jeeper are smoke.gif

3.5" spacing came on many 911's from 1969 (911S models) on. It could be ordered on all.

For basic off the line production cars, it really started with the 911SC in 1978. The same A-caliper was used all the way through 1988. With the Carrera models the spacers on those 9lb pigs went from 7mm to 11mm. So... To find out what you have do the following:

1. Stick a magnet to them. Steel or Aluminum. Aluminum = S-Caliper
2. Steel? Are the spacers between the caliper 1/2s 7mm or 11mm? 7 = SC. 11 = Carrera.

Rears are 99.9% rear 911 M-Calipers
carr914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 7 2011, 12:34 AM) *

Rob and Jeeper are smoke.gif

3.5" spacing came on many 911's from 1969 (911S models) on. It could be ordered on all.

agree.gif Click to view attachment

I have a set of PMB re-built SC front Calipers F/S in the classifieds - Good Price
degreeoff
holy crap! I disappear for a couple days and wack all deese responses....I will have the car up in the air and take some photos to better clarify...thanks all....lookin forward to the track....Mike urs up and adam?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.