Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIDE VIEW MIRROR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
Question: I have the aluminum side view mirror. The mirror is not cracked but it is just wore out from time and is very hard to see. Can just the mirror part be replaced. I dont want to break the mirrior just to see whats behind it. Perhaps some of you fellow know. Thanks
Dave_Darling
Yes, it can. Supposedly if you're very careful, you can remove the black surround and the glass will just come out. I know it's really easy to break the surround, though, and I don't think there is a replacement available anywhere.

One glass shop I know just wanted to glue new glass on top of the old. I think another place mentioned breaking the glass to get everything out, then replacing it.

--DD
Als914
AA Has the mirrors in two sizes and they also have the gasket. http://www.autoatlanta.com/results.php. Do a search for exterior mirror gasket.
914.SBC
Excellent...Thanks Gents
shulew 3
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 5 2011, 10:30 AM) *

Excellent...Thanks Gents

Hi, Got the mirror, gaskets from AA. Make sure you get the correct size. they have them for 5' or 5 1/4' size mirrors; otherwise the gaskets fill NOT fit...ask me how I know!

Lew
McMark
Read through this thread.
Drums66
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 5 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Yes, it can. Supposedly if you're very careful, you can remove the black surround and the glass will just come out. I know it's really easy to break the surround, though, and I don't think there is a replacement available anywhere.

One glass shop I know just wanted to glue new glass on top of the old. I think another place mentioned breaking the glass to get everything out, then replacing it.

--DD

(IN CASE OF EMERGENCY BREAK GLASS) poke.gif smoke.gif
bye1.gif
euro911
I just happen to have a mirror that needs new glass installed too.

Good thread thumb3d.gif
stephenaki
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 6 2011, 08:31 AM) *

Read through this thread.

Good thread, I used it to adjust my mirror a while back. I would take the actual mirror to a shop and have them cut you a new one. Then you can follow the thread McMark posted to get it all together. Just my 2 cents.
Valy
Try this link

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...p;#entry1191263
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.