Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine install/work party - PNW Teeners, Sat. 6/11, Renton
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Next Saturday, the engine & tranny go back in my 914. I'm also hoping to replace the front and rear rotors and put in new pads. I need a little assistance on these projects and will be offering up some FREE FOOD and a little beer.

There will also be 2 or 3 open bays in my garage if other guys want to work on projects to get ready for WCR. Juergen has said he's bringing the Bee down for some tuning work and others have already indicated some interest. The lift will also be available once my engine is back in.

Start time is open, any time after 11:00 is good by me. Let me know if your interested so I can plan food accordingly.
Root_Werks
This Saturday sounds good. Michelle and I will likely stop by for a while. I'll even bring my coveralls to help replace that spark plug I borrowed.

biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 6 2011, 07:14 AM) *

This Saturday sounds good. Michelle and I will likely stop by for a while. I'll even bring my coveralls to help replace that spark plug I borrowed.

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reminder, I've got new plug wires, I might as well get some new plugs. Any idea when you might be coming down?

Root_Werks
11:00-ish is pretty close. I'll bring coveralls to help out.

If it's raining, I'll hopefully be sporting the Monster and if it's sunny, the 914.

driving.gif
NORD

Vintage Auto Races up at Mission B.C. Got to help A friend that

runs a Sunbeam Tiger. Really like your offer to trade some help

in your garage with the new LIFT. You guys have a good one.

driving.gif
championgt1
Wish I could help. To many irons in the fire on Saturday.
aircooledtechguy
Damn!! I already have a 2056cc engine build class with a client scheduled for that day. I still have a ton of stuff to do on my car before WCR too.. . . Where has the time gone??

Root_Werks
smash.gif I'm here to help buddy sawzall-smiley.gif
greenie

I'm in to help out an old fart.

A couple of things that may help us get you ready for WCR.

New CV gaskets & bolts?

New bolts ,nuts & washers for engine bar?

Beer?

Grease for CVs?

New clutch cable? ( it was FUBAR when we took it off) sheeplove.gif

Not to late to have a few things FedXed in for Saturday delivery.

sixnotfour
2 curbed mahles and my stub axles............and ?
KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Jun 9 2011, 06:31 PM) *

I'm in to help out an old fart.

A couple of things that may help us get you ready for WCR.

New CV gaskets & bolts?

New bolts ,nuts & washers for engine bar?

Beer?

Grease for CVs?

New clutch cable? ( it was FUBAR when we took it off) sheeplove.gif

Not to late to have a few things FedXed in for Saturday delivery.

Got a whole box of stuff from GPR that I need to unpack. Everything but CV bolts (ordered from RJMII but not arrived yet) and beer. Is it special grease for the CVs? What brand beer?
Daiberl
I plan to stop by at around 2:00 PM, I have some stuff to do on the house before. Do you think we can set the timing at my car, someone attending who knows exactly how to do it? I got a new/rebuild dizzy which I will bring with me.

Can you PM me the address?

- Juergen
KELTY360
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 10 2011, 02:24 PM) *

I plan to stop by at around 2:00 PM, I have some stuff to do on the house before. Do you think we can set the timing at my car, someone attending who knows exactly how to do it? I got a new/rebuild dizzy which I will bring with me.

Can you PM me the address?

- Juergen

Sooner the better. By 2:00 we'll have the engine in and probably be down to the serious business of eating. I'll PM the address.
KELTY360

biggrin.gif

Hey Dan, I forgot to get new plugs. Can you bring that one back? smile.gif
Mr.242
I have my son's double header little league games starting at noon.....

sorry... sad.gif

Have a great time!
messix
does any one have a set of valve cover gaskets they could bring to marcs tomorrow i'll have to stop and get some cash to pay ya for em.
PanelBilly
I should know the directions, but could you send them to me too. I'm still hoping to get by this afternoon.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 11 2011, 06:37 AM) *

I should know the directions, but could you send them to me too. I'm still hoping to get by this afternoon.

Exit 7 (NE 44th) off 405, head east past McDonalds approx 3 tenths mile, road forks, stay left, turn immediately on NE 40th St, 2nd drive on left.

Hope to see you there.
greenie
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 10 2011, 08:35 PM) *

does any one have a set of valve cover gaskets they could bring to marcs tomorrow i'll have to stop and get some cash to pay ya for em.

Hey Troy,

I'll bring the gaskets along with CV grease for Marc.

I'll also bring a timing light & dwell meter for Juergen

Curt
Root_Werks
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 10 2011, 05:50 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Don't put any plugs in your 914 yet!

I have a little surprise for you. happy11.gif

Really, if you've put some in, take them out......trust me. wink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 11 2011, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 10 2011, 05:50 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Don't put any plugs in your 914 yet!

I have a little surprise for you. happy11.gif

Really, if you've put some in, take them out......trust me. wink.gif

Flux capicitor?
KELTY360
Hey thanks guys! We got a lot done today: in addition to the engine and tranny we installed a speedo cable and clutch cable. Plus, we got some work done trying to diagnose Juergen's distributor issues. Big props to Dan, Greenie, Troy, Jerry and Juergen.

Hopefully Dan will post some pics because the driveway was filled with some sweet teens.
sixnotfour
greenies in bed already, u must have really worked him over.
KELTY360
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 11 2011, 09:37 PM) *

Yeah, I'd be there too but I have to finish cleaning up all the messes he made. I'll be finding tools for a week. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Work Greenie over? Possibly, what the hell is he doing over there anyway? blink.gif
Root_Werks
914's showed up and ready for either sarcastic commentary or actual work. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
In the middle of all this actual work....sorry Mark..... someone.......won't name any names, managed to bust up a brand new spark plug end. dry.gif

slap.gif
Root_Werks
Notice how the only picture of anyone actually doing anything was Greenie?

What exactly was the deal here? laugh.gif

So how much did you guys get done after I left? poke.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 11 2011, 09:44 PM) *

In the middle of all this actual work....sorry Mark..... someone.......won't name any names, managed to bust up a brand new spark plug end. dry.gif

slap.gif

Obviously a manufacturing defect.

Thanks for the plugs Dan.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 12 2011, 01:41 AM) *

Work Greenie over? Possibly, what the hell is he doing over there anyway? blink.gif

puking from drinking too many beers barf.gif ?
greenie
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 11 2011, 06:52 PM) *

Hey thanks guys! We got a lot done today: in addition to the engine and tranny we installed a speedo cable and clutch cable. Plus, we got some work done trying to diagnose Juergen's distributor issues. Big props to Dan, Greenie, Troy, Jerry and Juergen.

Hopefully Dan will post some pics because the driveway was filled with some sweet teens.

A fun time, with a good group of talent. (until Troy showed up) chair.gif
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 11 2011, 07:37 PM) *

How do you always seem to know so much? I was in bed and out at 9:00.

I had to unplug my phone due to all the harrassing calls regarding some mahles & phantom stub axles? Who the hell is this Bovey dude, is he on your payroll?

I bet if a guy with a good attitude and some welding skills showed up at my house in the near future I might waive my "storage fees", I might even help him load the back of his truck.
greenie
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 12 2011, 05:34 AM) *

It's important to keep everything well lubed while doing an engine install.
KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Jun 12 2011, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 12 2011, 05:34 AM) *

It's important to keep everything well lubed while doing an engine install.

That's what she said. happy11.gif
PanelBilly
Damn, I missed a good day of teenism. Had to work my mom's garage sale. Sitting here on sunday too. Waste of a sunny day trying to get rid of crap
sixnotfour
I bet if a guy with a good attitude and some welding skills showed up at my house in the near future I might waive my "storage fees", I might even help him load the back of his truck.

Name the day,make it soon I need them wheels.
sixnotfour
914's showed up and ready for either sarcastic commentary or actual work.

And were is pic of the car actually running ?
KELTY360
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 12 2011, 11:10 AM) *

Not on the road yet. Waiting for shipment of CV bolts and a few other items to check off the list. Can't wait to feel the refurb tranny shift. Plus, I'll get to move the needle on the speedo since the day I bought the car. Greenie was the cable guy yesterday. He had the clutch cable installed in about 10 minutes; then gutted my interior putting the speedo cable in. That boy can really lay some braid.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 12 2011, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 12 2011, 11:10 AM) *

Not on the road yet. Waiting for shipment of CV bolts and a few other items to check off the list. Can't wait to feel the refurb tranny shift. Plus, I'll get to move the needle on the speedo since the day I bought the car. Greenie was the cable guy yesterday. He had the clutch cable installed in about 10 minutes; then gutted my interior putting the speedo cable in. That boy can really lay some braid.

Wish I could have stopped by. I had to run to Puyallup to pick up a new piece I had on order piratenanner.gif . Missed Curt by a short bit since you guys wore him out.

Can't wait to see your car back on the road. Looks like there was some nice 914s there yesterday.
914werke
Triple square CV bolts? How many do you need Marc?
Tom
Marc,
I have a set of the Dr. evil bolts and lock wire if things don't show up. I'll be glad to let you have them and you can pay me back when yours finally come in.
Tom
Sorry I wasn't able to come over, sounds like a good time was had by all!
KELTY360
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 12 2011, 05:17 PM) *

Triple square CV bolts? How many do you need Marc?

I could reuse what I have, but I ordered some of Dr. Evils bolts from RJMII but they haven't arrived yet.

Do you by chance have a reverse light switch and wire(s) with bullet connectors? My switch broke at one of the bullet receptacles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.