Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Exchangers 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krankendorf
Hi , I'm a new club member and my question is : is anyone manufacturing 1.7 heat exchangers or will I have to buy used ones?
seanery
Welcome!

This is a question for the main forum. I'll move it for you.

This particular forum is for issues and requests dealing with the BBS & Classifieds system.
SirAndy
QUOTE(krankendorf @ Jun 9 2004, 07:54 AM)
Hi , I'm a new club member and my question is : is anyone manufacturing 1.7 heat exchangers or will I have to buy used ones?

well, SSI used to make stainless steel HE's for our cars, they stoped production quite a while ago.
i do know they still have a bunch of 2.0L HE's in their warehouse, but i'm not sure about 1.7L or 1.8L ones ...

you could always put on the 2.0L wink.gif
you would need a new muffler, obviously, but they will last longer than the rest of the car, plus you get real heat ...

cool.gif Andy
kafermeister
Which side do you need? I parted a 1.7 last summer. If any of the exchangers are good you can have them for free. I'm in Northern KY, 'bout 15 miles south of the Ohio River.

PM me so I don't forget.

Rick
newdeal2
I just saw a set for sale in the classified section.

Peter
Joe Ricard
just upgrade to 2.0L stuff and you will be good to go. Just bolted the 2.0L Bursch to 2.0L SSI exchangers on a 1.7L motor. I through the 1.7L RUSTED boat anchors in the dumpster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.