Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scott Miner is topless! I recovered your top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
My son and I rescued a 914 top on Hwy 580 West in NorCal. Scott Andrew Miner, are you a member? Do you want it back? Is does have a nasty crack (see pics) but it is fixable. Your Registration was on the top so I may have your address, if current. PM me if you want it back.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
How the hell do you lose a top on the highway and not know it? Thats nuts!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 5 2011, 11:52 AM) *

I'm sure he knew it! It was in an F-ed up location in the center divide. I drove past it all week and decided to stop today while the traffic was light. The place I stopped was barely wide enough for my truck.
spare time toys
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:52 PM) *

Could have been on a trailer (not like 914s do that much) and came off as it was being hauled to get fixed.
TheCabinetmaker
Well that makes sense, or maybe it flew out of a pickup full of parts.
Andyrew
Mike, Maybe a craigslist add? Or maybe a letter to his address? Im sure he'd like his registration back at least.
ConeDodger
He is a member here... I recall the name from something or other. Maybe WCR2010...
Mike Bellis
Admins?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 5 2011, 12:15 PM) *

Well that makes sense, or maybe it flew out of a pickup full of parts.

I drove to work three days in a row with the top unlatched. 3rd day was a charm. As soon as I pulled onto the freeway it blew off. Landed on the side of the freeway. scratched but not broken. 80mph 40 miles each way and it was just fine for 2 days...
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 5 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Admins?

Yes?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2011, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 5 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Admins?

Yes?

Let me be more specific. Andy, Is Scott Miner a member and can you provide his screen name if he is a member? KMA.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 5 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Let me be more specific. Andy, Is Scott Miner a member and can you provide his screen name if he is a member? KMA.gif

And how do you suggest one would go about that? Since we don't require anyone to submit their full name ...

confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 5 2011, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 5 2011, 04:13 PM) *

And how do you suggest one would go about that? Since we don't require anyone to submit their full name ...

confused24.gif

You are a mad genius. I'm sure you can figure it out??? I may just drive to his house. It's only a 20 minute drive. Google earth shows a white 914 in front of his house in Castro Valley.

BTW, I got your door handle from Bruce but he didn't bring your bumper.
SirAndy
Well, it looks like he was at the 2010 shootout ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1326272

No other reference to his name in all 1,468,168 posts on this site.
confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
I posted on the club site too. Someone must know his number or email. I'm feeling lazy right now...
DanT
He drives a yellow 2.0L, '73 or '74.
Runs GGR AX series in AX 15 now.... biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
DanT came through with an email address. Sent a message, lets see what happens.

Thanks Dan!
Mike Bellis
Got in touch with Scott. He is very pleased that someone found it! piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
Man, if I found a 914 top in this area it would be magic. What are the odds? smile.gif
DanT
Glad I had access to his email from a site I have access to that information on. smile.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 5 2011, 11:24 AM) *

My son and I rescued a 914 top on Hwy 580 West in NorCal. Scott Andrew Miner, are you a member? Do you want it back? Is does have a nasty crack (see pics) but it is fixable. Your Registration was on the top so I may have your address, if current. PM me if you want it back.

This story is a CLASSIC.
Come on....ARE YOU SERIOUS?
914 owner sees said 914 top.
Picks up 914 top
Posts on 914world "hey, who's top?"
blah blah blah
Google Earth shows 914 in driveway
insert Some randomness & an email if found
Dude gets 914 top back.

Someone owes someone a BEER! HOW THE HELL....? confused24.gif

JStroud
I'm still waiting to hear how he lost it? popcorn[1].gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jun 5 2011, 10:15 PM) *

I'm still waiting to hear how he lost it? popcorn[1].gif

This is from the email Scott sent me...

Wow,

I had kissed that good bye!
I was driving home from work on Tuesday night, and set it back on top of the car when myself and a couple of friends stopped for a beer in dublin.
When I got back in the car it was dark, and I did not remember that I had not latched it in, I am sure the couple of beers had nothing to do with that.......
As i went over 580 hill on way home, i heard a whistle from the passenger window, like the window was rolled down.
I reached my right hand up to feel what was going on, and nudged it just enough with my finger/hand, the leading edge of the roof caught the wind and it was gone! 10pm....
I circled back to dublin, drove slow and looked for it but saw nothing. I got up the next morning and drove back at first light again and saw nothing, so I figured it was gone!
I went to the parts heaven swap meet this morning looking for a replacement, but saw nothing .........

The moral of the story, yes I would like it back. I will make your time/effort worth the trouble.
It is amazing how it seems like a small world with these cars..........

I am off all day monday, if you are going to be around. Any evening next week too.....

Thanks again, still amazed by your email!!!

Respectfully yours, Scott Miner

Andyrew
Brings a smile to one's face smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 5 2011, 10:23 PM) *

Brings a smile to one's face smile.gif

agree.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
914 World pray.gif
JRust
Way to go Mike. Hey don't forger I left those clutches at McMarks. Check them out when you get a chance biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Scott came by today and picked up his top. He left behind two bottles of wine. More than a fair trade. I feel good about helping a fellow teener out.

Lock your tops down! Place a business card or name under the pad so someone like me can return it. Without that little info, I never would have found him. I don't think he hangs out here all day like me biggrin.gif

Much thanks to DanT and others that emailed me with info beerchug.gif
majkos
Almost an Irish Folk song
Too much drinkin and fun stuff, next morn.
"What the hell!"?

Glad there's more "good "people then the bad, boo.....

Mr.242
I think Gremlins..... no owner would EVER drink beer and forget the latches. poke.gif

Amazing Story....I have heard of peope sticking their business cards all over inside their vehicle for a 'just in case' it's ever stolen situation: Doors, under dash, under carpet, and where ever else you could hide 'em.

first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.