Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: colorado vintage event coming up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
good morning fellas,

I was looking through the lap charts for last weekend's vintage event in pueblo...
So I see Carl Fegahli's name listed with some fairly slow laps....

I'm guessing that he is breaking in his new motor. In a different conversation I heard that Allen Johnsen will be at the July 17th and 18th SCR vintage event doing pit support...

Which I interpret to mean that he will be there to support Carl's new motor that he just built....

So... I'm definitely going to try and visit the Charity SCR event on 7/17 and was curious if anyone else wanted to come out. Its a fund raiser for Colorado Motorsports Council. Its also a good bye event for Second Creek Raceway. As many of you have heard the CMC is trying to build a brand new club owned colorado track in the next 2-3 years... So the July 17th event will charge a fee and the $ goes to the pot for the new track. Either this year or next is the end of SCR.

The interesting thing about carl's car is that it is a real factory built M471 car. He was going to do a full restoration, which he may or may not have completed... I'm excited to see it and see if he did the full restoration. Its got the factory GT coolers/thermostat/hoods/suspension/flares... etc.

Its a GT car in everyway except motor, and the new motor sounds like it is now finished... The motor ought to be very nice. When last I spoke with him he was building it up as a twin plug..

Esentially it will be a 906 motor... just like the factory GT's ran at lemans...

It ought to be fun to watch Carl mix it up with the corvette's and shelbys... Did I mention that Carl is probably one of the top 3 teener drivers I have ever seen in my lifetime? plus the money raised will be important to keeping amateur motorsports alive in colorado...

hope to see as many there as possible.
brant
Ferg
I'll be there. clap56.gif
seanery
I'll be in Idaho for July 4th. If I stay for a while I may try to catch this on the way home. I love Colorado wub.gif
brant
Sean,

If you decide to come through.. let us colorado folk know... I've got an extra bedroom.....

brant
Levi
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 9 2004, 07:23 AM)
I'll be in Idaho for July 4th. If I stay for a while I may try to catch this on the way home. I love Colorado wub.gif

Sean, Where in Idaho are you gunna be?
beerchug.gif
seanery
Hagerman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.