Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting to build a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Niklas
Hello!

I finally bougth a 2.2 liters engine from a 911T. piratenanner.gif
The engine is all stock with zenith carbs.

What should I make to it to get it a little more fun to drive ? driving.gif

Should I leave it stock?

Should I change to hydraulic chain tensioners ?

Niklas
type47
What's your budget/how deep is your wallet?
jjackson
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 5 2011, 07:17 PM) *

What's your budget/how deep is your wallet?

Correct 2.2 S is wonderful motor-Quick Revving-Nice power.Nice sound.JJackson
jmill
Go with the 2.2S p/c's and a 2.4/2.7 cw crank. The 2.2T crank is not counter weighted. The extra stroke will bump your compression up a bit and get you 200+ hp. Look at spending 10K to make that happen.
Gint
QUOTE(Niklas @ Jun 5 2011, 03:42 PM) *
What should I make to it to get it a little more fun to drive ?
Put it in a 914.
Dr Evil
Put it in, run it, and then try to remove the smile from your face smile.gif
Vysoc

There is a great article on all 3 versions of the 2.2 911 (T, E & S) in the June 2010 (#183) Excellence magazine. In an in depth report on the nuances of all three.
The author selected the E model which makes 155 BHP which he thought was funner and more responsive than having to go deep into the rpm's to call the S's horses up.
A great article, putting one together is an expensive proposition, do your research.

Good Luck, I have a 911E case that I am wanting to resurrect, but it may just be easier to drop a 3.0 or 3.2 in my next project.

Vysoc flag.gif
MDG
Before going to the 3.2, I had a 2.2 T engine in mine with Webers and Marty Schneider headers through a stock muffler. Revs were nice though not a lot of power in stock form. BUT it may have been the sweetest sounding engine I'll ever own. Nothing like the sound of a smaller displacement flat-6 winding out.

The mods mentioned above are the way to go if I was to have another.

good luck with it!

mike
Niklas
Hello!

Thanks for all the good advices.
It looks like I am going to have fun no matter what I do.
The sound is important...

Niklas
carr914
Sell the Zeniths and Buy some PMO's
Niklas
You mean these :

http://www.pmocarb.com/features.htm

What is the difference ?

Niklas
carr914
Yes, those are the PMO's

I've never like Zenith's ( hard to get parts and a bitch to keep in Tune) Any Webers you might find will probably need to be re-built. PMO was the Weber Distributer and bought all the Castings when they went out of production.

PMO's are an updated version and will come set-up with Jets to your specs

T.C.
dion9146
Put it in, run it, enjoy it, and when you are finally tired of doing the 914-6 dance to keep the Zeniths in tune, rip it out and install a 3.2 w/Mortronic. The smile only gets bigger. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Having driven a 2.2T motor for a LONG time, and having a very high strung 2.5, i would recommend bumping it to mostly S specs with E cams. More torque is what you'll find yourself wanting.

Short stroke motors are a blast.

Be careful going too crazy as that block will only handle so much. Again, bump it up a tad but keep it tame and street able. You should have a fun motor that lasts a long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.