Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Heaven
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I just got home from the Parts Heaven swap meet. I picked up a few small things. Some nice cars there today and more than I thought would show up considering the threat of rain. Leaman was there, (healtoe914) Bruce Stone was there, (bdstone) as well as Jamie Rust who is organizing the WCR this year. I took a few quick pics with the new HERO wide angle.
Elliot Cannon
Two more.
DanT
Yep I was there for about 3 hours, talked to JRust, shoneagle, michaelN, RobW, saw Leamon, and I am sure some others.
Nice pic of my car Elliott. biggrin.gif
JStroud
showed up a little late saw a few cars
Click to view attachment

A nice 68 912
Click to view attachment

With a Jake Raby turnkey 2.3l engine drooley.gif
and Tangerine racing exhaust drooley.gif
Click to view attachment
JStroud
unfortunately only saw one 914 sad.gif
Click to view attachment

at least it was a nice one.
DanT
That is GGR's current AX chairperson, Joe Lee's 912.... The "Colonel"
Daily driver, AX weapon. Does quite well with the type4 power.
He even pulls a small utility trailer with it!

There were 4-5 914s in attendance earlier in the AM. smile.gif
McMark
That Type IV 912 engine (in Joe's car) was installed by me. Didja notice the custom fiberglass 'engine tin'? drooley.gif
JRust
Still kicking myself for not picking up a set of 15" cookie's with track tires for $150. Would have been nice to have for the autoX. I made a decision not to leave with more than I brought though. So I didn't get them. Don't know why the hell I decided to listen to my practical side. Guess there is a first time for everything confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 6 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Still kicking myself for not picking up a set of 15" cookie's with track tires for $150. Would have been nice to have for the autoX. I made a decision not to leave with more than I brought though. So I didn't get them. Don't know why the hell I decided to listen to my practical side. Guess there is a first time for everything confused24.gif

I'm proud of you for not buying a new 914 laugh.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 6 2011, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 6 2011, 08:46 PM) *

I'm proud of you for not buying a new 914 laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jun 6 2011, 06:43 PM) *

unfortunately only saw one 914 sad.gif
Click to view attachment

at least it was a nice one.

Jelly bean blue 968!! drooley.gif wub.gif
Elliot Cannon
The paint on that 968 was so bright it's a good thing I had my shades on. But then I always have my shades.gif on.
Rand
We made a weekend of visiting the bay area, with plenty of Porsche content. Went to HPH on Saturday and got the full tour from Rich. He has collected quite an amazing parts inventory over the past 35 years! If you need a 914 part, he's got it.

Stopped by Parts Heaven Sunday morning for the swap meet.

I'm in the market for another 914 asap, so looked at two on this trip. First one in Redwood city was a disappointment because it sounded good in the ad but wasn't running right and was overpriced for its condition. Second one in Auburn was a pleasant surprise for a bargain deal. Looks like it will be my next project. May even drive it to Medford.

914s at Parts Heaven:
Andyrew
Im really sad now I didnt go....
abnrdo
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 6 2011, 11:37 PM) *

We made a weekend of visiting the bay area, with plenty of Porsche content. Went to HPH on Saturday and got the full tour from Rich. He has collected quite an amazing parts inventory over the past 35 years! If you need a 914 part, he's got it.

Stopped by Parts Heaven Sunday morning for the swap meet.

I'm in the market for another 914 asap, so looked at two on this trip. First one in Redwood city was a disappointment because it sounded good in the ad but wasn't running right and was overpriced for its condition. Second one in Auburn was a pleasant surprise for a bargain deal. Looks like it will be my next project. May even drive it to Medford.

914s at Parts Heaven:

Ooooo is that a Palma Green 75? wub.gif
Rand
That green one was a beauty for sure, with a sixer. It dawns on me that the immaculate white car at the other end with the BBBBs is probably DanT's "Casper" (for sale) and I'm kicking myself for not talking with him.

Andyrew, you'll be even more sad if you don't make it to WCR. Hint hint. tongue.gif

Actually I'm not sure how much of WCR we are going to make...We'll be in the Illinois Valley Wednesday & Thursday. Hopefully get to make it to Medford to see some track action Friday afternoon and visit the gang and cars Saturday morning.
Rand
That silver racer was for sale. Nice guy. A member here???
DanT
Scott Yeahman....owns a great body shop in Redwood City CA.
The silver racecar is a full tube frame monster....chassis was built down in Texas back in the '80s IIRC.
Scott and I used to run our modded 914-6s in GGR TT together back in the mid '90s.

Yep that is Casper sticking out like a sore thumb with the big black bumpers. (BUBs smile.gif )
Rand
Hah, Dan... Casper sticks out in the 914 crowd all right, but not in a sore thumb kind of way. beerchug.gif

Funny, I know Scott's name and reputation but didn't realize who I was talking to. I usually get names/introductions - go figure. He just did some tweaking with the rear wing and figured it was going to help his track times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.