Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 in the Arlington , wa pick and pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a914622
Just a heads up.

1.7 engine and computer all there. side shift tranny all there. No interor,gages gone. no sway bars. Windshield cracked. door handles broken. Rusted thru in many spots

jcl
KELTY360
Did you get the VIN?
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 5 2011, 09:02 PM) *

Did you get the VIN?

agree.gif

Vin? Color Code? Date Sticker? Chassis Number? Pictures? biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Ductech
Sweet !! Please Dear Porsche Gods. please let me be the first to pull and acquire siad 914's transmission. I hope that its still there on saturday.
Loser_Cruiser
I don't know if they are open weekends if its the place I'm thinking
Ductech
Well I'm assuming that its the same pick n pull that i looked up they should be.

Pick-n-Pull - Arlington
Previously: Pull A Part
(Self-Service Auto Parts Store)
Map data ©2011 Google - Terms of Use
6323 172nd Street NE
Arlington, WA 98223 US
Interactive Map

Phone 1:
360-403-9505
Phone 2:
N/A
Fax:
360-403-9567

Hours:
Mon-Sun 9:00 am - 7:00 pm

I Hope nobody snags the tranny between now and saturday when I will have money
70_914
QUOTE(Ductech @ Jun 6 2011, 02:11 PM) *

Well I'm assuming that its the same pick n pull that i looked up they should be.

Pick-n-Pull - Arlington
6323 172nd Street NE
Arlington, WA 98223 US
Interactive Map

Phone 1:
360-403-9505
Phone 2:
N/A
Fax:
360-403-9567

Hours:

I think they charge $45, I will go get it and sell it for $75....

evilgrin.gif
sixnotfour
$95 they have a core charge for transaxles
Root_Werks
Second one that's made it up to that yard.

I'll have to go check it out. sawzall-smiley.gif
Ductech
Just acquired a crusty sideshift tranny from this donor. SAD car I might add. Never really wanted to see that must rust. Hell i hadn't actually seen a set of rusted thru longs till I met this one. I left the sideshift linkage. Motor is still in place. Bring a sawsall.
a914622
I added the vin to the reg. the day i posted the info list as rusted away.

The last one they had in was rusted in half. Yes on blockes in the front and rear, the car floded in the middle when the door was opened.
sixnotfour
they had a complete, wrecked 75 911S never made into the yard, 1000 bucks Gone.
Root_Werks
Visited the 914 today, yellow and rust color. sad.gif

I grabbed a couple of things and then just put them back. I don't really need anything so I'll leave them for someone who hopefully does.

Lots of good hardware still.

Ductech
Oh and just a note there was a rear window already removed and sitting inside the cabin.
Root_Werks
One of the items I put back was a perfect engine bay relay board cover with the factory screw still in place.

There are lots of good little pieces like that still in the car.

I just don't need anything like that. But someone does.

914's don't last long up there.
a914622
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 12 2011, 10:59 AM) *

they had a complete, wrecked 75 911S never made into the yard, 1000 bucks Gone.

Oh you have been misinformed!! It wasnt $1000.00. 92k miles and it was sitting since 82 came down fron Alaska. Engine fired but didnt stay running. Back tub is bent over 2 inch. Full S options, power windows, headlight squirters, and A/C and fuchs with 1982 tires. Soon to be parted out cuz its 3K to get the frame pulled back in place.

oops I know were it is..

jcl
sixnotfour
It wasnt $1000.00.

how much was it insider.......

I know you know where it is.
Loser_Cruiser
I wasn't thinking of this one, I was thinking of the vw-audi-porsche yard around the corner. They aren't open on the weekends and they aren't a pick n pull style sad.gif

I went and checked the car out today, hoping to grab the linkage. The rear bar was no where to be found and I couldn't grab the front bar because of the junk holding the engine up lol. Any one in the seattle area got sideshifter linkage they wanna sell cheap? I bought the rennshift linkage and installed it last time I was home but was having biniding issues and didnt get it adjusted. Im driving back to give it a go one last time before WCR but if it doesnt work would like to resort back to stock. Pretty please smile.gif

I snagged a good crack free taillight housing and passenger side door handle since both of mine were broken, along with a flare for my dads jeep.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
QUOTE(Ductech @ Jun 6 2011, 02:11 PM) *

Pick-n-Pull - Arlington
6323 172nd Street NE
Arlington, WA 98223 US
Interactive Map

Phone 1:
360-403-9505
Phone 2:
N/A
Fax:
360-403-9567

Hours:

KELTY360
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jun 18 2011, 05:12 PM) *

I went and checked the car out today, hoping to grab the linkage. The rear bar was no where to be found and I couldn't grab the front bar because of the junk holding the engine up lol. Any one in the seattle area got sideshifter linkage they wanna sell cheap? I bought the rennshift linkage and installed it last time I was home but was having biniding issues and didnt get it adjusted. Im driving back to give it a go one last time before WCR but if it doesnt work would like to resort back to stock. Pretty please smile.gif

Specify all the parts you need. I might be able to help.
Loser_Cruiser
The two shift rods that make up the linkage. One from inside the center tunnel that connects the shifter to the rear rod. And then the rear rod , coupler to end that slides into the sidshift housing.

parts numbers 26,27, and 30 in the exploded parts picture.

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 18 2011, 06:21 PM) *

KELTY360
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jun 18 2011, 07:15 PM) *

The two shift rods that make up the linkage. One from inside the center tunnel that connects the shifter to the rear rod. And then the rear rod , coupler to end that slides into the sidshift housing.

parts numbers 26,27, and 30 in the exploded parts picture.

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 18 2011, 06:21 PM) *

I know I've got #27, maybe on 26, no on 30. I just need to locate the rod; it's around here somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.