Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS2 wire ???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
Hey all - Quick question, am I supposed to have 12 volts coming from the wire that plugs into TS2 from the ECU, because I do. That can't be right, right?
I will post a more detailed question and explanation of what is going on when I get a chance. Thanks
pbanders
QUOTE(jones @ Jun 9 2004, 12:17 PM)
Hey all - Quick question, am I supposed to have 12 volts coming from the wire that plugs into TS2 from the ECU, because I do. That can't be right, right?
I will post a more detailed question and explanation of what is going on when I get a chance. Thanks

OK, first of, for slangy EE talk, "juice" means current, not voltage. cool.gif

Take a look at this schematic:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...trical/ECU2.jpg

(takes a while to load)

The TS2 sensor is on the lower left, labeled "Cyl. Temp.", outside of the dotted line that symbolizes the ECU. Note that if you take the sensor out of the circuit, and replace it by your DMM (which has about a 20M ohm input impedance), you will drop all of the +12V around your meter, as the diode drop, R471, and R464 are nowhere near the impedance of your meter (ignoring the small base current drop through T451).

So, from what I can see, you should see +12V. Better EE's out there can critique.

My question is: why are you measuring this voltage, anyway? If you want to test your TS2 sensor, measure it's resistance to ground. If you want to test your ECU, you need a functional tester like the VW1218 that you can rent from Pelican Parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.