Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NJ 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
I saw this very nice 914-6 at a local car show this weekend in Harding Twp NJ. I can't tell you how rare it is to see any 914 in my area. I couldn't find the owner though to ask questions about it. Maybe someone on here? Really nice car. I've never posted a pic here. Hope this works.
Cairo94507
Cool sighting. Do not give up on the picture though. We all want to see the car.
jim_hoyland
Did you get the VIN ?
pete
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 6 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Cool sighting. Do not give up on the picture though. We all want to see the car.

I'm browsing the pic and clicking "add this attachment". I'll try again. Its a .JPG. Any suggestions? 1st time adding a pic to a post.
rmital
QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I saw this very nice 914-6 at a local car show this weekend in Harding Twp NJ. I can't tell you how rare it is to see any 914 in my area. I couldn't find the owner though to ask questions about it. Maybe someone on here? Really nice car. I've never posted a pic here. Hope this works.

probably Rory from Paramus....signal orange or is it tangerine??
one of the few original 6's in the Northern Jersey area.
pete
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 6 2011, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 08:43 AM) *

probably Rory from Paramus....signal orange or is it tangerine??
one of the few original 6's in the Northern Jersey area.

Actually, it was green. Had nice flares attached with Dzus fasteners and fuchs. Sparco seats and a full roll cage. What's the procedure for posting a pic? I'm apparently doing it wrong.
rmital
ahhh....must have been this 914:
Click to view attachment
pete
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 6 2011, 11:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Ha! Didn't have any decals on it but that looks like the car. Really nice. Is it an original 914-6? I saw it the week before on one of the local roads. what really caught my eye (besides being on the road and running) was how low to the ground it is.

How does one post a pic? I vaguely remember trying once before but was told I wasn't allowed due to an insufficient amount of posts?
pete
QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 12:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Ha! Didn't have any decals on it but that looks like the car. Really nice. Is it an original 914-6? I saw it the week before on one of the local roads. what really caught my eye (besides being on the road and running) was how low to the ground it is.

How does one post a pic? I vaguely remember trying once before but was told I wasn't allowed due to an insufficient amount of posts?

Was your pic from a local (NJ) car show and is it an annual one?
rmital
QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 12:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Was your pic from a local (NJ) car show and is it an annual one?

yes...it's the annual (September) All AirCooled Show in Flanders NJ.
One of the best shows in the area...meaning, its fun.
euro911
QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 06:01 AM) *
I'm browsing the pic and clicking "add this attachment". I'll try again. Its a .JPG. Any suggestions? 1st time adding a pic to a post.
It sounds like you're doing it correctly ...

* Click the 'Browse' button, the 'File Upload' box opens up.
* Locate the folder where the pic you want to upload is stored.
* Click on the pic you want to upload and click the 'Open' button (or you can just double click the file name or icon).
* The 'File Upload' box closes and the file should appear in the 'File Attachments' window.
* Click the 'Add This Attachment' button.

NOTE - If the pic file is too large the server may refuse to accept it. You might need to reduce the pic's size ...

Additional NOTE - You can post pix in your previous posts too. Just 'Edit' the post
flyer86d
It is Jim and Kathy Fosters 914-6. It is an original 6. They have owned it since the 70's. They both have tracked it extensively and it gradually morphed into the car that you saw. I haven't spoken to Jim in a number of years since I moved north so I do not know what he has for power, trans, suspension or brakes but I assume that everything is big! It was always fast and they drive it very well.

Charlie
pete
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 6 2011, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 06:01 AM) *
It sounds like you're doing it correctly ...

* Click the 'Browse' button, the 'File Upload' box opens up.
* Locate the folder where the pic you want to upload is stored.
* Click on the pic you want to upload and click the 'Open' button (or you can just double click the file name or icon).
* The 'File Upload' box closes and the file should appear in the 'File Attachments' window.
* Click the 'Add This Attachment' button.

NOTE - If the pic file is too large the server may refuse to accept it. You might need to reduce the pic's size ...

Additional NOTE - You can post pix in your previous posts too. Just 'Edit' the post

Ah, maybe it was too big. I'll try again. I would like to start posting my restoration so I need to figure it out. Thanks!
Click to view attachment
jd74914
Neat car. I like the rocker coloring carryover on the flares.
euro911
QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 12:24 PM) *
Ah, maybe it was too big.
Yeah, my wife used to say that too laugh.gif

Sharp looking car!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 8 2011, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(pete @ Jun 6 2011, 12:24 PM) *
Ah, maybe it was too big.
Yeah, my wife used to say that too laugh.gif

Sharp looking car!

It's not Rorys car , his is orange and pretty stock. I know, I'm him. It is Jim and Kathy Fosters and is anything but stock, warmed up 3.0 and a whole lot more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.