Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grommet identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I found this one in a box that my painter returned to me. He removed it before paint - so I must have left it in there when it went to paint shop.

I think it is for the 2 rubber hoses for the windshield washer - at the firewall. The car is an early '72 and uses the spare tire pressure for the washer.

Does it matter which way it goes in? Thanks in advance.

Click to view attachment
flipb
IPB Image
Kansas 914
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 6 2011, 07:56 AM) *

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
type47
Two holes make me suspect it's for the washer hoses through the ... back of the dash (firewall?)/behind the dash. I would install it with the "large" side facing where the water & dirt would enter so I think that's from the trunk (front one... biggrin.gif ) or from where access is best.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 6 2011, 09:34 AM) *

Two holes make me suspect it's for the washer hoses through the ... back of the dash (firewall?)/behind the dash. I would install it with the "large" side facing where the water & dirt would enter so I think that's from the trunk (front one... biggrin.gif ) or from where access is best.

Thanks Jim,

Car is still stripped - just mounted wiper motor yesterday as the first piece installed on the car so access is easy - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.