Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changed Turn Signal EM Flasher relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pman
Changed out my Turn signal em flasher relay for a 1974 - 914 today. Everything works fine with the key switched on. Once you start the car, the relay makes a buzzing sound when the flashers are not activated, and the red em switch stays lit. No buzzing when they are activated. I also changed the W/S wiper, washer switch today. Any solutions? Also, the new turn signal em switch was a different size from the original. Replaced with R914 618 303 11
pman
Help please?
smrz914
do all the lights work?
pman
Yes, everything is working.
smrz914
The internal resestance in the switch might be different then the stock one, and so the signal to the relay is not clear. It's a long shot but it's all i can think of. I had the same thing happen and thought that my alternator was puting out to many volts (14.5) and doing something screwy with the relay. Then I looked in my trunk and found that one of my taillights was disconnected. connected it and it fixed the problem. You might want to check the connections.
pman
Thanks, we'll check it out in the morning. Hope we can fine the problem.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.