Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sticker on Fuel tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
weener101
My sticker on my fuel tank is missing. Can anyone tell me what the sticker says ...is it available from any vendor? I can see where it was but it's not there any more. It kind of looks like the tire press sticker avail from Auto Atlanta...yes?? no??? thanks. Dave
windforfun
Yes. I believe they're different though depending upon the year & engine size.
Mary Shortridge
I redrew the "sticker" and had one made out of aluminum. Here is what it looks like, if you want to copy I could send you the original file. Good luck!
flipb
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jun 6 2011, 12:29 PM) *

I redrew the "sticker" and had one made out of aluminum. Here is what it looks like, if you want to copy I could send you the original file. Good luck!

In my car, the fuel sticker is on the RF wheel well inside the front trunk, not on the gas tank. I believe the sticker on the gas tank is the one with tire pressures. I don't have a photo and I can't check my car at the moment (at work).
windforfun
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 6 2011, 09:38 AM) *

In my car, the fuel sticker is on the RF wheel well inside the front trunk, not on the gas tank. I believe the sticker on the gas tank is the one with tire pressures. I don't have a photo and I can't check my car at the moment (at work).

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 6 2011, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 6 2011, 09:38 AM) *

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Here is the original sticker from BC's gas tank.Click to view attachment
VoPo914
Here is the Tire Pressure sticker on a '75 2.0. AA does have then available but they
are not very accurate.Click to view attachment
weener101
Mary, what year car was "BC's " sticker from please? thanks. Dave
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(weener101 @ Jun 6 2011, 12:56 PM) *

Mary, what year car was "BC's " sticker from please? thanks. Dave

1973 1.7
Chris Pincetich
On my 1972 1.7, the sticker w tire info is on the expansion tank, not the gas tank itself.
I have never seen the ROZ/RON "sticker" w info on the gas needed
weener101
Thanks to all. Dave
Tom_T
QUOTE(weener101 @ Jun 6 2011, 03:07 PM) *

Thanks to all. Dave

Dave, make it easy on everyone & tell us your 914's engine & year, then we can give you example pix. IIRC - AA also makes a repro sticker similar to Mary's for the 70-73 1.7s (& 74 1.8's maybe too), as well as that later silver 75-76 one that VoPo posted above.

FYI - the tire sizes were 155SR15 for the 70-73 1.7's & 74-75 1.8s, & 165HR15 for the 73-76 2.0s, with the early stickers being yellow/gold foil, & 75-76 were silver foil.

Here's the one from my 73 2.0, which we still need George/AA to repro for restos (which cuts off the round-cornered black borderline - sorry, similar to Mary's above):
Click to view attachment

... note the subtle differences from Mary's 73 1.7 one posted above. I have no idea why the vehicle capacity would be about 150# less on the bigger engined 914-2.0!!??

welcome.png
Tom
///////
saigon71
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 6 2011, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(weener101 @ Jun 6 2011, 03:07 PM) *

Thanks to all. Dave

Dave, make it easy on everyone & tell us your 914's engine & year, then we can give you example pix. IIRC - AA also makes a repro sticker similar to Mary's for the 70-73 1.7s (& 74 1.8's maybe too), as well as that later silver 75-76 one that VoPo posted above.

FYI - the tire sizes were 155SR15 for the 70-73 1.7's & 74-75 1.8s, & 165HR15 for the 73-76 2.0s, with the early stickers being yellow/gold foil, & 75-76 were silver foil.

Here's the one from my 73 2.0, which we still need George/AA to repro for restos (which cuts off the round-cornered black borderline - sorry, similar to Mary's above):
Click to view attachment

... note the subtle differences from Mary's 73 1.7 one posted above. I have no idea why the vehicle capacity would be about 150# less on the bigger engined 914-2.0!!??

welcome.png
Tom
///////

My 74 2.0 looks just like this one.
weener101
Sorry guys..my car is a 74 2.0 thanks. Dave
nathansnathan
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jun 6 2011, 09:29 AM) *

Nice!... but you spelled Oktanzahlbedarf wrong chair.gif

Jeff Bowlsby's page has pics of all the stickers
http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm
nathansnathan
Also, it may be a graphic designer's anal retentive-ness, but it looks like though the top font is right, Univers Bold Condended, the bottom part is a bit different, should be Futura Medium Condensed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.