Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70-914nut
I have adjusted the cable all the way and i have about a 1/2 inch of threds left at the end of the pedal. When i push the clutch all of the way to the floor with it in gear the car wont roll because its still in gear. Im afraid to start it in gear with the clutch to the floor cuz im waiting on calipers, so no brakes. The cable looks new. Is it possible the po put in the wrong cable? he passed before starting the car after a resto. Any ideas?
jcd914
welcome.png

Check the firewall where the clutch cable goes in, it is common to crack the sheet metal because the clutch tube in the tunnel has broken loose. It is also common to need a spacer between the adjustment nuts (should be 2) and the pivot block for the throwout arm.
If you can have someone help and push the pedal several times why you watch you can see if the fire wal/tube are moving and if the throwout arm has full travel.

Jim
SLITS
There are also some that are a tad long. I have placed up to 1/2" of washers at the tranny end of the cable to get the correct adjustment.

Just a thought
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.