Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [MPC] Crappy tools suck !!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Bought a sandblast cabinet a few days ago...I assembled it yesterday and in the process found a few screws missing, luckly I have a pretty good stock of hardware here at work.

now the good part....I drive my happy ass 50+ miles into work today to test the cabinet and blast clean a set of trailing arms and a few pair of front a-arms....

Guess what...the damn thing does not work fighting19.gif

I take apart the nozzle and some dumb shit forgot to drill the passage way for the media to get sucked up via the venturi....can you believe this??? Now I have to wait for my darn Makita to charge since a co-worker used it and didn't put the battery back on the charger after draining the damn thing.....

Hopefully I can get this thing drilled and fixed before Jon Watts makes it up here....he won't be a happy camper either
Brad Roberts
Um.. Mike

Shoot some pics of the gun and the piece your referring to.

B
Mueller
Camera is at home...I have another gun at home as well...it's a Craftsman which worked fine with my pressure blaster, I just don't want to drive home and then back...so I'll try and "fix" this one or go home pissed off........
Mueller
Got it working smash.gif

It works good, but I thought the 70grit aluminum oxide would remove the paint and rust a little faster than it is.

Oh well, it beats paying a minimum charge of $55 per lot had I taken the parts to a sandblaster.
Gint
It takes a while to blast control arms, front OR rear. Porsche put some VERY durable paint on those bad boys.
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. they called it "Powdercoating"

If you add up your time/electricity/and cost of abrasive... 55$ is cheap.

B << has blast cabinet not hooked up.
Gint
I didn't realize that the factory powder coated them. But I've blasted that I KNEW were powder coated before, and that would certainly explain why the're such a bitch to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.