Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid America Motorworks Funfest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
After some discussion of attending next year's Funfest as a club event, I sent an e-mail to Mid America Motorworks . This is the reply I received today:

Hi Gary,

Thank you for attending Funfest. We are very pleased that you had a good time and met new Porsche friends -- that is really what this event is all about.

We certainly would consider designating a club area for your club. There are no restrictions regarding canopies, however if you would contact me in the month prior to the show next year, we will designate your area on the map and I will show you ahead of time where that area will be. If you send your club roster with addresses, we can also include your club in any Funfest related mailings that we do. Our goal is to grow Funfest to be an even bigger and better show.

See you next year!

Cheryl Habing
Funfest Co-coordinator
Mid America Motorworks
#1 Mid America Place
P.O. Box 1368
Effingham, IL 62401
Direct line: 217-540-4252
Fax: 217-347-4214
cheryl.habing@mamotorworks.com

What do you guys think??
SpecialK
clap56.gif

Hell yes, I'm in!

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Gary!
seanery
i'm in
Chris H.
Sounds great. I am in!
STL914
If you send your club roster with addresses, we can also include your club in any Funfest related mailings that we do.

Sean,

Is there any way to come up with a roster to send to
Mid America Motorworks? Can a search be done based on member's state to see who with in a reasonable distance, might be interested in attending next year?
r_towle
Careful.
I for one do not want the 914 club list to become a mailing list for some marketing company...

If there is a sign up sheet, we can each fill in the info that we would like to give to this marketing company, but we should each have the right to approve what information including name address etc would be given to this or any marketing company.

Rich
Rusty
Gary,

Excellent work. clap56.gif I will attend, if I'm in country.

The official policy is that the 914 Club email address list is absolutely private. In the entire lifetime of the club, we've never even done a mass mailing for own benefit. I'm not about to turn that list over to a for-profit company.

I would be interested to read updates, if you want to post them. As time draws near, we can pin a thread for the event, too!

-Lawrence
eresener
Gary,
Count us in.(we should have two 914's in attendence by then)..I am already on their list as I have purchased items from them before...and the sign up list is a good idea...lets see what happens...
STL914
I see your point Rich and Rusty. Perhaps the best route is just to keep this process simple and anyone who plans to attend next year can send their information to Mid America Motorworks if they choose to do so..
seanery
I assume that most of those that attend already receive their catalog, so, it's probably not necessary to give them any addresses. You can invite her to join here. I think they may learn something about us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.