Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Seat Belt Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74914LE
The 74 that I am trying to get running actually has an issue with the Seat Belt Relay under the passenger seat. When I turn the key to start, all I get is a nice,
"Click" from the relay. After reading other posts, I will splice the large Yellow and Yellow/Red wires together, and by-pass the thing completely. Since this car has
not been started in several years, I am interested in knowing the sequence of
events this relay controls. It is my understanding that the fuel pump should get
power and run for a brief time when the ignition is turned on, then with the movement of the key to the start position, the starter should engage. Can anyone confirm if the Seat Belt Relay interupts the fuel pump power in addition to
the starter?

Thanks!

Step by step, I am getting closer to putting another one back on the road....
74914LE
Also, it my understanding that there was a recall to address this issue. Does anyone have the technical run down on the procedure that was performed during
the recall?
Mike Bellis
The seatbelt relay does not interrupt the fuel pump. Go to Jeff Bolwsby's site for recall and LE info. Along with other good stuff!

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/
benalishhero
Jumping the relay just delivers direct voltage to the starter circuit from the ignition switch. The fuel pump circuit is separate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.