Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this Normal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bullet
Is this normal, I dont think so. When i turn on the ignition to the run position I can hear a relay start clicking (quite at first) then after a few seconds it starts to get louder and the big (battery?) Light starts to flash with the beat of the Relay, the light is the one on the top left of the Cluster. All i did was replace some fuses that were missing and this started up. And also with the key out of the car if i turn the turngignal lever to the left turn position the same light starts to flash (dimmly) but if i turn the swith to the right it dosent flash at all. And when the key is out of the car, I cant hear the relay clicking anymore. What could this be cuased by?
smrz914
I think the clicking is the car telling you that the e-brake is on. Try it out and see. It also that you have a wire crossed somewhere.
Bullet
QUOTE(smrz914 @ Jun 9 2004, 06:03 PM)
I think the clicking is the car telling you that the e-brake is on. Try it out and see. It also that you have a wire crossed somewhere.

That was it. I moved the e-brake up and down a few times and now it dont click, and the blinking when turning the left turn signal is not there anymore. Weird. I think the switch was just stuck. the e-brack had been pulled for 11 years with out ever being released, so im thinking that it just was stuck. But that dosent explain the blinker problem. unless something is crossed. but i havent touched any of the wiring that is in the cab.
smrz914
Strange electrical stuff going on but i'm glad it's fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.