Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting closer every day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
My list to have the car on the road is all on one sheet of paper now. I'll post the "needs" in the classifieds, but here's a few items I'm confused about.

The CV on one side fell apart then I pulled the engine. Two of the balls fell out (I've still got them). Can I asemble the unit with the CV still pressed on the axle?

Click to view attachment

I have two parts laying on my work table. The one looks like it holds lune lines or plug wires. Any ideas as to where they go?

Click to view attachment
JRust
Get another CV! I'm sure someone close has one (Rich?). Not sure on the other 2 pieces. Love to see you drive it to WCR in 2 weeks driving.gif
PanelBilly
I have too much going on at work. Next week I need to coordinate moving all the staff in a hospital into a new building we just furnished. Three shifts/day, moving two ERs and 7 ORs. On top of that I took on a regional position for Rotary. That alone is like having another job.

I'm planning to make it to the BBQ, if I need to bum a trailer and tow it there!
nathansnathan
I know the one on top bolts to the breather tower on the case, to hold the sparkplug wires, held on by the 6mm case parting nut, where the dirt remains in the pic
IPB Image
70_914
Pretty sure both black brackets are the same, one is just missing the plastic piece to hold the plug wires.
Dave_Darling
I don't think you can rotate the cage far enough to reassemble the CV joint while it's on the shaft. Best to find the C-clip, pop it off, and slide the inner part off the shaft. Then you can reassemble the CV joint on the bench.

BONUS: You can clean the damn thing and actually see what you're doing, then re-pack it with clean grease. You also get to inspect the joint to see if any of the parts are cracked or galling or excessively worn. If they are, toss the joint and replace it.

--DD
Cevan
I agree, both the brackets are the same. One is just missing the plug wire holder. It attaches to the bolt below the oil filler tower and holds the #1 and #2 plug wires.
windforfun
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jun 8 2011, 03:45 PM) *

I agree, both the brackets are the same. One is just missing the plug wire holder. It attaches to the bolt below the oil filler tower and holds the #1 and #2 plug wires.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

However, I have found that the old plastic clips will severely cut into the insulation on the plug wires. I don't use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.