Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 3.2 liter '71 street/track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rcarpen22
I've decided to put this car back on the market. I really never drive it and it's sad just to let it sit (and indoor storage fees are getting crazy!) It's a '71 conversion that was originally a 1.7. It was mostly a track car until I bought a dedicated race car. I drive it on the street occasionally, but not enough. It's the car that I love the most, but drive the least. Details below:

Engine: Stock 1989 3.2 liter Carrera with approx. 50k miles. Runs perfect. Motronic fuel injection. The conversion mount is a factory style welded mount that Lewis Broyles developed for his 3.6 powered racecar. It's awesome. Also has high-torque starter. Odo is broken (needs new gear). B&B SS headers with heat (not hooked up currently) and B&B SS muffler.
Transmission: Gary Fairbanks 901 side shifter with new style Rennshift. Custom hydraulic clutch. Shifts good. Filled with swepco.
Brakes: Carrera brakes with Hawk HP+ pads. I completely rebuilt the front brakes a few years ago (less than 5k miles). New seals in the calipers, new rotors. SS brake lines. Has adjustable f/r bias.
Exterior: There is no structural rust and minimal rust of any kind. I have been treating any surface rust that pops up. The undercarriage has been coated. The hell-hole and longs are rock solid. There is one little spot in the driver door jamb that was rusty, but I wire brushed it and slathered it with flat black rustoleum. Broken fiberglass front fascia (in pic) has been replaced with stock. There are dings and spots where I have treated surface rust. It's not perfect, but presentable.
Interior: welded cage, Koenig race seats, 5 point harnesses, momo wheel, new Sony stereo head unit with aux and USB connection.
Suspension: has bilsteins and upgraded suspension bushings (don't remember exactly what bushings are in there.) Also has a rear camber truss by stable energies.
Will come with the 16" 3 piece custom HREs pictured (with Eagle F1s in good shape) as well as a set of 15x6 cookies with Victoracers (pretty worn).
I have video from the track going by 996s, C5 Vettes, and even a still shot passing an F355. I tangled with a GT3 all weekend at CMP a few years back. This car is very fast on track. Have factory steel flares available separately (if the car sells and the buyer doesn't take the flares).
I am more serious about selling the car this time.
$17,500 and if it sells for asking price, I will throw in the flares.

The car is in the greater DC area. PM me for more info and additional pics.
Thanks

IPB Image
IPB Image
sooba_dave
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
20K is a steal for a 3.2 conversion.
rcarpen22
QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Jun 8 2011, 06:23 PM) *

Sounds like a nice car, but looks a little ratty, for 20k. Best of luck to you.

I've thought about putting a $300 respray on it to avoid such criticism, but it's a serious track car, not a garage queen:-)
MoveQik
QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Jun 8 2011, 07:23 PM) *

It looks a lot nicer than yours, however. You should probably consider it.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 9 2011, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Jun 8 2011, 07:23 PM) *

It looks a lot nice than yours, however. You should probably consider it.

agree.gif Commenting/criticizing on someone's build thread in the Garage is one thing. Commenting/criticizing someone's classified ad is another.

In my opinion, unless your trying to flag a misrepresentation of a car/part such as, "Hey! That's not a real /6, the serial number is wrong" or "No, those are early calipers, not late...." etc, keep your comments helpful/positive.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

bye1.gif
dion9146
this is why I like the Pelican classifieds. they don't let idiots comment on other people's cars.

nice 3.2 conversion. good luck with the sale. I love mine, and wouldn't sell it for any less either.
Cairo94507
The more I spend the more $20K for a running 3.2, sorted car looks very reasonable. Good luck with the sale.
Van914
The price is very reasonable for a car that is modified this way. Try it yourself and see how much $ you spend. The 3 piece wheels are worth at least $1500. Good luck with your sale. I sold my 3.0 in march and miss it daily.
Van914
JmuRiz
Has all the go-fast goodies already on it, that's the hard part...the pretty stuff like interior and paint, that's easy.
If I hadn't sunk almost that much into my car BEFORE doing a 6-conversion, I'd think about it biggrin.gif

Question what size are the tires, and do they have enough traction to put that 3.2 power down?
rcarpen22
Thanks for the kind words. Tires are 205s all the way around. I've never had traction problems. I pushed it really hard on the track and it was fine with R compound rubber. Even though the car is light, the stock 3.2 doesn't have crazy low end torque. It's a lot better than any of the stock 914 engines obviously, but noticeably less than the 3.2 in my Boxster. If I can dig up a clip, I'll try to post some video from a DE.
914rrr
Hell of a deal for a 3.2 6 track ready conversion. Need proof? Check out the 914 3.6 conversion wrap up (especially the cost breakdown) in this month's Excellence magazine. Their 914-6 project took 4 years and cost almost $50k to complete!

Wish I was in the market. Good luck with the sale.
smokey
This is an Ebay car, dont think that the 914 site ss are a correct reflection of the market.

Test the REAL market , & auction it. Or just tell hunny , " I DONT want to sell her "
She is my real love. I am sure that will go ovr well..

Great car, good deal. But ..... WHY???????? whould u guys sell for 50.00 on the doller ?

Dont sell it and go WIDE body like u know u want to .
flag.gif
smokey
QUOTE(smokey @ Jul 7 2011, 09:41 AM) *

This is an Ebay car, dont think that the 914 site ss are a correct reflection of the market.

Test the REAL market , & auction it. Or just tell hunny , " I DONT want to sell her "
She is my real love. I am sure that will go ovr well..

Great car, good deal. But ..... WHY???????? whould u guys sell for 50.00 on the doller ?

Dont sell it and go WIDE body like u know u want to .
flag.gif

.50 c
michael_oberg
Looks like a beautiful car - exactly what I am saving up for. Unfortunately I just started the 914/6 savings plan a few months ago and only have about a tenth of your asking price saved up.

Saving your name so I can bug you in a year or so if it doesn't sell biggrin.gif

Good luck on your sale.

Michael
rcarpen22
Drove the car out to Wolf Trap last weekend. Ran great and had a blast. Y'all are right. I definitely should keep this car:-)
JmuRiz
+1, keep the car...I sure would if it was mine.

Are you taking it to the event at Frederick MD in August? I'd love to see it in person.
rcarpen22
What event would that be? Sounds like a definite possibility:-)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rcarpen22 @ Jul 13 2011, 10:51 AM) *

What event would that be? Sounds like a definite possibility:-)

PA-Del-Mar-VA Pool Party and Cookout
sooba_dave
QUOTE(dion9146 @ Jun 9 2011, 03:33 PM) *

this is why I like the Pelican classifieds. they don't let idiots comment on other people's cars.

nice 3.2 conversion. good luck with the sale. I love mine, and wouldn't sell it for any less either.

I apologize, Fellas, I meant no harm. It looks like a great car and I'd love to have it! Best of luck.
rcarpen22
Back on the market.
mepstein
OMG - Killer price!
Gint
QUOTE(rcarpen22 @ Jul 20 2012, 05:30 AM) *

Back on the market.

IIWM, I'd start a new ad entirely. GLWS
scotty b
You might want to advertise this on Dorkiphus. NOVA Porsche website with ALOT of track guys on it. I'm surprised this car is still available at this price. The engine conversion and exhaust alone would run someone near 10,000.00 confused24.gif
rcarpen22
I'm surprised it hasn't sold too. I've had it on Dorki before. Will put it back up there again pretty soon.
rcarpen22
Sold - going to Utah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.