Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me identify these parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moneysmarts
Can anyone help me ID these parts?
The valve that's functioning as the AAR doesn't look like the OE part in Haynes. And the gizmo near the battery? Maybe tied to the MSD ignition installed by the PO.
Thanks
moneysmarts
one more
moneysmarts
Actually, as I look at the pics, the gizmo I'm referring to is next to the coil.
Thanks
Aaron Cox
next to the coil looks like an oil pressure sender.

is that an oil cooler next to the battery? wacko.gif
Korijo
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 10 2004, 10:07 AM)

is that an oil cooler next to the battery? wacko.gif

brain laugh.gif
moneysmarts
Oil cooler?
Are you talking about that thing under the pressure regulator?
I have no idea.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Korijo @ Jun 10 2004, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 10 2004, 10:07 AM)

is that an oil cooler next to the battery?  :wacko:

brain laugh.gif

oh good. i dont have an FI motor lol biggrin.gif
billswim
The gizmo next to the coil is a sender unit for oil pressure. It runs both the idiot light and an aftermarket or 911-type guage. It's not stock bu tI have seen it done many times. Watch for oil leaks. The other gizmo is a aux air regulator but from a 1.8 NOT a 2.0 The PO probably found out that the original part is NLA and adapted the 1.8 part. it'll work but it doesn't look right. I have had luck bringing the original ones back to life but its hit and miss.
moneysmarts
Thanks. The current AAR seems to to have really high vacuum and causes the car to idle around 2800 when cold. As soon as it warms up, though, the valve closes off and the revs drop down to 1000. My problem, which started this whole string, is that when it gets hot, the idle just about goes away...below 600.
SLITS
The other gizmo is a aux air regulator but from a 1.8 NOT a 2.0
They are used by several import vehicles - Volvo, MB, - If it has a Bosch # on it I can identify where it came from.

Used functional AARs (stock) are around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.