Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So... anyone have a spare 914 caliper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corsepervita
Well i honed out my calipers and rebuilt them. Sticking badly. On the front passenger side (the one that was the worst), as I got to it i noticed there are CRACKS in the caliper. Mind you they are on the absolute outside, not near the seal. However, they are there which do not put my mind at ease.

I figure it may not be worth rebuilding this one and more than likely i am far safer to just get another.

So... does someone have a caliper for a 1970' 914 they'd like to sell? Preferably one that is ready to go? mad.gif mad.gif
corsepervita
Unless you think this is "okay" - I dunno how I would feel about having cracks in the caliper. I really don't like the idea.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Ok... I have to ask; what do you mean by not near the seal? biggrin.gif

That's pretty much on "top" of the seal in my book and, what you can't see is, they extend down into the seal cavity. So... Bottom line is, I wouldn't let my "mother-in-law" ride with that caliper on the car (unless i had a really great insurance policy on her) idea.gif

Toss it.

Is it just the outside piece? Shoot me your address and $10.50 for the priority mail flat rate box and I'll send you a new one.
corsepervita
Yeah that is pretty much where I'm at. A new caliper? For $10.50?

It is just the outside piece, the other half seems fine.
corsepervita
She's almost back on the road!

IPB Image
corsepervita
At approximately 1:30am, the old fart was resurrected.

I haven't heard that sound in months! FINALLY... can enjoy my car again.

I cannot thank this community enough.
TC 914-8
Eric is a right-on guy first.gif
corsepervita
Celebratory pictures of after a nice detail and after it's first drive of the season smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Looks like you already have your donor car already lined up! biggrin.gif
corsepervita
LOL! That is the best one I have heard in quite a while, Eric! LOL!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Jun 22 2011, 03:52 PM) *

LOL! That is the best one I have heard in quite a while, Eric! LOL!

The real punch-line here is that you think he's kidding... laugh.gif
corsepervita
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.