Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
I'm working on installing a set of EMPI EPC 34's and was wondering where and how the accelerator cable is routed and mounted. I have the mounting bracket and it looks like it could be mounted in several places. If any one can post a picture of their set up that would be a big help.

Thanks,

Jsaum
mikey63
Mine is mounted on the middle of the case running to a hex bar setup.
Elliot Cannon
Similar hex bar. Different configuration.
jsaum
QUOTE(mikey63 @ Jun 9 2011, 09:04 AM) *

Mine is mounted on the middle of the case running to a hex bar setup.

Nice set up! Are the filters for the crank case venting? The engine I'm swapping has the vent tubes on each head and I was looking to do something like yours.

Jsaum
mikey63
Those filters are for the engine venting...wanted to try something.
VaccaRabite
Here is how I did it - made my own bracket:
IPB Image

Zach
t collins
My home made bracket but I can't take credit for the design........
Click to view attachment
zx-niner
Seems like everyone has to make their own. My custom linkage setup:

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
The key to the bracket is not allowing it to flex when you stand on the go pedal. IMHO you want the bracket supported by 2 bolts.
Zach
jsaum
I'm going to start with the same set up as the first picture from mikey63. I'll just get longer bolts and make some spacers to move the cable over abount a half inch, the carbs came with a bracket. If I don't like the way it works I'll fab up someting with the welder. I have another question on the dual carb set up, the Empi intake manifolds have a vacuuum port on each one, is this to balance them should I run a hose to each one?

Jsaum
Elliot Cannon
These are all pretty good examples of how to set up the carbs. It's very important to have the geometry of the linkage set up properly. The linkages from the hex bar to the carbs must be the same length and same angle. It's very important that the throttle butterflies open at the same time at the same rate. Balance between the two carbs is muy importante. Both carbs should be at wide open throttle at the same time when the throttle pedal reaches the stop. You should also make a effort to not have ANY slop or play in the linkage anywhere. All this makes for great throttle response.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.