Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: <SOLD>FS $5800 obo 1973 2.0L *reduced*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike Fitton
Is light ivory original color? Also is it original paint?
norustscott
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 9 2011, 12:12 PM) *

Is light ivory original color? Also is it original paint?

L80E Light ivory is the original color. resprayed single stage "Glaserit" about 10 years ago.
norustscott
Bump for new videos...
ewdysar
I didn't see a price listed. confused24.gif
Cairo94507
Wow, that may be the most thorough for sale posting I have seen with the exception of no price being listed. That car certainly appears to be in terrific condition inside and out. Good luck.
OU8AVW
$7200 according to his Craigslist Ad.....

Craigslist

I'm in Annapolis and would be glad to eyeball it in person for someone here. Looks like a fair deal to me......
norustscott
sorry I delete the price during last video post... now $7000 obo

lsg914@gmail.com
JmuRiz
It is a fair deal for sure, I still think this is a great car that I have known for years.
bembry
Awesome 914--I dig the Becker radio too!
ChristopherB
I have watched all the videos and I am ready to take a look in person! I have been reading the forum for a few months now as I was saving for a 914. I hope you still have it as I live 20 minutes away! I want to see this car this week if possible. My wife thought I was cleaning out one of the garages just because it needed it! A friend, yesterday walked into the garage and the first thing he said was "the garage is clean. Are you getting a car soon?" We all laughed, including my wife.
norustscott
hello all. I am logging all of the responses... unfortunately I am on vacation for the next week plus. I will be returning calls if you pm a number.

I can show the car starting on July 10th.

thanks for your interest...

Scott
ChristopherB
Thanks for the reply Scott. I was thinking maybe you were away or the car was sold.
I look forward to seeing it in person.

Chris
norustscott
And with a new OPTIMA battery!!! just installed. The first lasted 10years!

Scott
PBC914
QUOTE(norustscott @ Jul 10 2011, 06:29 PM) *

Scott

PM Sent.

Paul
PBC914
QUOTE(PBC914 @ Jul 10 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Scott

PM Sent.

Paul

Bump.
PBC914

Scott

Bump!
OU8AVW
Bump for a sweet ride.
norustscott
Sold. thanks for everyone's interest.
norustscott
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer....html?refer=rss

Heads up. be very careful.
billh1963
QUOTE(norustscott @ Jul 22 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Wow! Trying to more than double his money?
bcheney
Agreed $11K is QUITE a stretch...However, it is a VERY nice car that had been well cared for by you. One has to look at a lot of 914's to find one in this condition. The previous sales amount was truly a great deal for those who love and know these cars. It's so hard to put a number on our cars these days...pricing is all over the place.
carr914
QUOTE(norustscott @ Jul 22 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Not to rub Salt in your wounds, but you sold the car way too low

or

Are you saying that there is something wrong with the car?

Car Dealers have to make Profits to keep the doors open. They are Selling the car for what you could have gotten, if you had asked that much & been patient
bembry
The original price was a bargain, but dealers also can get more since they get much more visibility.
URY914
Selling cars is all about timing and the market. You could have asked for $10k and waited it out. Someone may have bought it sooner or later. You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.
norustscott
Selling cars is all about timing and the market. yes, but it also about the car!!!
Waited it out? No, not if the car is not worth the money and be an honest seller!
You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. maybe, if it is market priced...for the condition of the car. it will sell. in a year or 1 day.
Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.Yes. but only if the car is worth it! or you find a complete newb with more money than sense

You 914 guys crack me up. face it. the car has rust rust rust Actual holes! its a Karmann built bare steel unibody car...what you see was just the tip of the iceberg. add a noisy engine and a ton of non original work. lots of parts near the end of their life and you get a 5800 car! if you did not see the car in person and you comment... well duh.

The car was a project car. a drivable, good starting point, but non the less a project car not a 10K car.

The price was a fair price. And I did not misrepresent a single aspect of the car. How many of you have gotten burned by a misrepresented car or a seller hiding all of the bad stuff!

At least 25 teeners responded to the ad. Only one guy from Houston saw the car for what it is and only one potential buyer arranged to see the car in person...he passed at 5800!

This is my last post on this site, after 11 years, 65000 miles plaques and trophies autoXs I am moving on.

Scott

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 08:21 AM) *

Selling cars is all about timing and the market. You could have asked for $10k and waited it out. Someone may have bought it sooner or later. You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.

JmuRiz
You should move on to help me with my 914 now wink.gif I'm still wracking my brain on weather to convert or keep it a 4.

Glad you were able to sell for a number that worked for you. Best of luck with your new project! I'll still invite you to the local 914 events, hey we can both roll up in our non-914s at the f'burg picnic in aug.
URY914
I know you'll never see this because you say you have moved on, but dude you have a problem. rolleyes.gif screwy.gif
bembry
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 06:09 PM) *

I know you'll never see this because you say you have moved on, but dude you have a problem. rolleyes.gif screwy.gif

+1.

WTF.gif agree.gif
carr914
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 24 2011, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 06:09 PM) *

+1.

WTF.gif agree.gif

agree.gif

With that attitude, don't let door hit your ass on the way out
Ottoman
Here's my two cents for what is worth.

Owning these cars is not about the money. It is a spiritual relationship that keeps us:
  • Dreaming about our youth.
  • Holding on to something that makes us feel good about ourselves.
  • Looking at possibilities.
  • Admiring objects of cool.
  • Accomplishing things with our brains and our own two hands.
  • Teaching our sons and daughters something about cars and history.
  • Socializing with others that share our passion for these mechanical things that have beauty.
  • Wondering why the f#$% that didn't that work.
  • Bringing old to new again or just appreciating something that has withstood time.

Bringing this all to money deminishes the whole point of the hobby. Turning wrenches with your own two hands and creating something that is truly unique and yours is priceless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.