Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look Who's Attending the MWC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Curvie Roadlover
The pre-registration period for the 2004 Mid-West 914 Classic has ended. Follow the link below to be sure your name is on the list if you pre-registered. See you in Whitmore Lake!!

wavey.gif
The list has been moved to here.
Curvie Roadlover
Catagories for trophies are:
smilie_pokal.gif Best Factory 6 - judged
smilie_pokal.gif Best 4 cylinder '70-72 - judged
smilie_pokal.gif Best 4 cylinder '73-'74 - judged
smilie_pokal.gif Best 4 cylinder '75-'76 - judged
smilie_pokal.gif Best Original Car (non restored) - judged
smilie_pokal.gif Best Paint - your vote
smilie_pokal.gif Best Interior - your vote
smilie_pokal.gif Best Conversion (non-stock motor) - your vote
smilie_pokal.gif Best Customization (any deviation from stock) - your vote
smilie_pokal.gif Long Distance Award - awarded to whoever travels the farthest to attend
smilie_pokal.gif Biggest Kahunas - awarded to whoever travels the farthest in a 914 to attend
smilie_pokal.gif Peoples Choice - your vote
SpecialK
Okay....here's a dumbass question.

When and where?

yeah, yeah, I know....that's two questions rolleyes.gif
GWN7
In the "nailed" section at the top of the page can be found all the info......or MWC InFo

beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
Hey, those coffee mugs will be MasIVe!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 10 2004, 10:08 PM)
Hey, those coffee mugs will be MasIVe!

and air-cooled wink.gif
seanery
I dunno, I'm excited about meeting Derek & Hans. hmm, I wonder how they heard about this?
Curvie Roadlover
I met them when we were fellow students at the Richard Petty Driving School. I must have mentioned the event to them at the time. I don't remember. Their attendance is "iffy" but they didn't want to miss a chance to save 5 bucks. laugh.gif
Hawk
Hey,
Vic Elford just IM-ed me. Youre not gonna believe it buts he's gonna be coming to MWC too. Woohooo.

Guess that little 914 ride through the countryside of southeast Michigan just went to HELL. driving.gif

P.S. I'm gonna need about 4 more event shirts though for the groupies here. So put me down to buy 4 in addition to the registration shirt please.
Katmanken
OK Curvie,

I want to go but my teener still isn't done. I will show up to absorb and collect inspiration to finish my car. I know I said that last year too as I wandered around. I was the guy missing a finger. finger.gif

Damn thing still hurts.

I don't have paypal. Would you take a check if I send it with plenty of time to clear?

Also, I'm bringing my wifey with the promise of heading up into Michigan and stopping at beds and breakfasts along the way. smlove2.gif

Since I've never been to Michigan, would any local residents have suggestions as to nice bed and breakfasts, places to go, things to see?

If anybody wants to go to Alaska or southern Spain, I can return the where to go favor.

Ken
Curvie Roadlover
Ken, if you want to send me a check to arrive by the 24th of July OK, but Paypal is free and takes about 3 minutes to set up an account. No reason not to get signed up. burnout.gif
Also. I don't know about B&B's but the Best Western mentioned in the MWC thread is about 50 feet from the event. Looking forward to seeing you there,
Tom.
P.S. PM or e-mail me if you still need to send a check.
rick 918-S
I'm working on this as the next event for the Alien 918-S. I'm still behind on my sleep from the WCC road trip and my wallet hurts from the 10 miles per gallon I was getting with the tow vehicle.

One question. Is the registration $ 20.00 per person or per car?
skline
Its worth the $20.00 just for the shirt and mug and goodie bag. I cant make it out there but can I register and get the stuff? beer.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Rich, You realize we are all dying to see the alien!!! The $20 ($15 if you pre-register) gets you the above mentioned stuff. So if you want 2 goodie bags (2 shirts 2 mugs, 2 chances in the raffles, 2 votes for the trophys, etc) then it would be per person. Otherwise it's per car. Likewise (although I never thought about this until you asked) you could attent and not pay at all and enjoy the 914 camraderie and "Fun Run Straight To Hell" for free without getting any of the goodie bag stuff or entering your car in the trophy catagories, or getting to vote etc. There will be a limited number of extra T-shirts (maybe mugs, too) available for purchase at the event also.
skline, if you pre-register, I'd be happy to send you a goodie bag with all the stuff you'd have gotten had you attended.
skline
Payment has been sent. Thanks!!
krankendorf
My 914 wont be ready for an event like this till next spring but I'd still love to see all the cars. I guess lookers and admirers are welcome ,right? Also , will there be a swap meet area with used parts being sold? thanks

Steve from Dayton,Ohio
Curvie Roadlover
Everyone is welcomed, encouraged, in fact, to bring your parts to swap. Anyone bringing a factory tool kit to sell - PM me first. wink.gif
Also, everyone is welcome, 914 or not
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jun 14 2004, 02:14 AM)
Rich, You realize we are all dying to see the alien!!! The $20 ($15 if you pre-register) gets you the above mentioned stuff. So if you want 2 goodie bags (2 shirts 2 mugs, 2 chances in the raffles, 2 votes for the trophys, etc) then it would be per person. Otherwise it's per car. Likewise (although I never thought about this until you asked) you could attent and not pay at all and enjoy the 914 camraderie and "Fun Run Straight To Hell" for free without getting any of the goodie bag stuff or entering your car in the trophy catagories, or getting to vote etc. There will be a limited number of extra T-shirts (maybe mugs, too) available for purchase at the event also.
skline, if you pre-register, I'd be happy to send you a goodie bag with all the stuff you'd have gotten had you attended.

You guy's are cool! I really really want to attend. Wife say's ok if the car is up to the trip. I have to tweek the fans first. Otherwise the shake down on the West coast was good.
aircooledboy
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! mueba.gif beerchug.gif

I'm in baby. Wifey gave the green light, truck and trailer lined up, calander freakin' cleared. aktion035.gif

Paypal on the way. Do we need to do more than that to register?

I'm just so happy I could cry. w00t.gif
trapper
smilie_flagge24.gif Okay, count me in!! Looks like we got us a convoy good buddy. 10-4
TJB/914
Wow, Trapper is going to attend!!!!! Finally got him to spend $15 dollars.

Rich
If you come to the meet without the Alien my passanger seat is empty. Ride to Hell, MI with me.

Remember all you teener-less 914ers, there will be plenty of empty seats to ride with someone else to Hell.

Tom
rick 918-S
I'm trying pin the wife down to pay pal the entry fee. She has a cold and went to bed early. (Stay tuned) I have a little work to do. The alternator quit again. >%ckin French crap! mad.gif (Marchal) And I have a new set of 14" fans to install. But I think it will make the trip.

Oh... and some new damage to repair.... sad.gif It happened in the driveway...There were tears and sobbing going on and they weren't mine. I hate that stuff. Turns my heart into jelly. Don't ask.... It's not as bad as the offenders rig.
GWN7
Know a good insurance adjuster? wink.gif biggrin.gif

That sucks beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 23 2004, 09:58 PM)
Know a good insurance adjuster? wink.gif biggrin.gif

That sucks beerchug.gif

Happened in my driveway with our own vehicles. We won't be makin any claims if you know what I mean....
Eric_Shea
Is "Grassquatch" coming?

Hey, if I show up somewhere Saturday should I register etc? I'll be flying into MI that week previous and I'll be flying out Sunday. I was thinking about stopping by... (no car etc...) what should I do?

I'll bring an unmolested 6 tool kit to look at! biggrin.gif
Hawk
Are you kidding? The only 914 happening in the Midwest. Heck I'd register at that price just to save a goodie bag with event shirt, mug etc for myself. When they're gone they're gone. Glad to have you there, and I'm sure there will be a spare seat for you on the Fun Run on the twisties smilie_rolli_1.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 24 2004, 05:51 PM)
I was thinking about stopping by... (no car etc...) what should I do?

Could you really live with yourself if you didn't attend?
Being in MI and not attending would be wacko.gif
As far as "Grassquatch" is concerned, I'm not saying he will be there, I'm not saying he won't be there. rolleyes.gif
BS Chairman
Ok, you bring the tool kit and Hawk and I will compare. wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
okay, i'm looking at attending -- can't say for sure but it's only 600 mi...
can i enter a "rebodied 914.6" (911...) in the "conversion class" ? :-) ...

i'll see if i can't get a sponsorship thing together by August.
don't list me as an official sponsor until i can commit, just thank me after if i can ...
Hawk
Hey, definitely join us. Heck we drove to Hershey in one day and will put the PA trek on our annual calendar.

Come Friday and stay at the Best Western cause the event starts early Saturday morning around 8:30am.
We will be around Friday evening to welcome you and toss back a few cool ones by the lake. beerchug.gif
-Hawk
Bill Shaw
If anyone is planning to go through West Michigan on the way to or from the MWC and needs info on good B&Bs/restaurants/things to do/places to see, let me know and I'll send some recommendations.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there. beerchug.gif
Gint
Hey, if I show up somewhere Saturday should I register etc? I'll be flying into MI that week previous and I'll be flying out Sunday. I was thinking about stopping by... (no car etc...) what should I do?

I might make it myself E. Come on over!

I asked in the other thread, but I'll try it here also. Is this a Saturday only event? How far from the airport@Detroit?
914rick
Mike,
The event is about 30 minutes from Metro Airport. The event is only on Saturday but several people are staying at the motel Friday/Saturday night. See you there.
Qarl
I'll be showing up Friday around 2:30 or 3:00.

So if you are there, I will be there too looking for something to do!!!!
Gint
I'm in! Plane/hotel reservations made. My wife and I will be at the airport at 4:00 p.m. Friday.
Hawk
Great news. It sounds like there is a quorum developing and we might all meet at the Best Western site of the event Friday evening and go to a local place for dinner, drinks and p-car chat. What time would work for most to get together Friday evening?
-hawk beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Hey Curvie Roadlover! Check your pay pal happy11.gif
jim912928
Just registered and made my hotel reservations....now I either really have to buckle down and get this car put back together or drive either the tail dragger or the water-cooler!

Anybody that might be driving via the Indiana toll road (80/90)..to 69...to 94 that might want to hook up at South Bend IN let me know. Might be wise to travel in a pack since I'll just be getting this car put together!
Eric_Shea
1639.79 miles and boy are my arms tired.

I'm officially in. PayPal'd the loot today.

See you all there. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.