Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN database
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
So...I bought a member's car and found the VIN in the database. I would like to change the ownership information but can't do it. What is the procedure?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 10 2011, 11:23 AM) *

So...I bought a member's car and found the VIN in the database. I would like to change the ownership information but can't do it. What is the procedure?

Enter the VIN like it wasn't there . A second VIN record will be added to the original. That way, the history is preserved. Be sure to add a pic... smile.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 10 2011, 02:29 PM) *

Enter the VIN like it wasn't there . A second VIN record will be added to the original. That way, the history is preserved. Be sure to add a pic... smile.gif

That makes sense!

Thank you!
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 10 2011, 11:29 AM) *

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 10 2011, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 10 2011, 02:29 PM) *

That makes sense!

Thank you!

After you create your new VIN database record, you can go back to edit the record. FE: you do a conversion or do some major upgrades, you can update the comments section.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.