Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Button under dash?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
khoogheem
Can someone with a little more knowledge let me know what this little red button next to the trip odometer reset is? Not sure if this was something done by one of the previous owners, but when pushed makes whirling noise and winds down the longer it is pushed..

IPB Image
NORD
welcome.png

You may have to trace the wires to find out what they are connected to.

I found a red button, by PO and found out intermitent wipers.

Good Luck!!!!! This is a Crazy Hobby. driving.gif
Eric_Shea
***DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON***

Ejector Seat...

welcome.png
Bleyseng
my red button is for the rear trunk release.....and you have to have the key turned to "On" to make it work.
70_914
A Mustang I bought had a switch just like that for an ignition interrupt button. You had to hold the button in or the car would not crank over...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(khoogheem @ Jun 10 2011, 08:50 PM) *

Not sure if this was something done by one of the previous owners, but when pushed makes whirling noise and winds down the longer it is pushed..

Yes, definitely a non-factory job.

My guess is someone has replaced the standard 914/4 pants-wetting pressurised windscreen washer with something electric. Check in the front trunk...
championgt1
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 10 2011, 06:07 PM) *

***DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON***

Ejector Seat...

welcome.png

agree.gif Rocket launcher?
mrgjones
Probably an electric pump of some kind. Check the vin tho. This could be the James Bond Special Edition. I think it's 914 007. biggrin.gif
Tom_T
Afterburners! piratenanner.gif
Mike Knox
My 914 came with a dash mounted button switch labeled "Warp Drive".

It controlled a second fuel pump which overcame the notorious vapor lock problem.

Mike
Strudelwagon
Dr. Strangelove had a button like that to release the bomb!
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Jun 10 2011, 08:03 PM) *

Dr. Strangelove had a button like that to release the bomb!

Could also be attached to the sqweegie pump.
Andyrew
Could be for the starter as well. Since the ignition switches go out, it would be a quick fix to wire that in place.

mrgjones
QUOTE(Mike Knox @ Jun 10 2011, 07:56 PM) *

My 914 came with a dash mounted button switch labeled "Warp Drive".

It controlled a second fuel pump which overcame the notorious vapor lock problem.

Mike

It should have been labeled "In case of Emergency".
bandjoey
Electric water pump on windshield wipers. Push it long enough without water and it'll make a great fishing weight. piratenanner.gif
khoogheem
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jun 10 2011, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(khoogheem @ Jun 10 2011, 08:50 PM) *

Not sure if this was something done by one of the previous owners, but when pushed makes whirling noise and winds down the longer it is pushed..

Yes, definitely a non-factory job.

My guess is someone has replaced the standard 914/4 pants-wetting pressurised windscreen washer with something electric. Check in the front trunk...

Yep.. after checking all of the other great ideas.. no rocket launcher found, no oil slick, no smoke machine, no tire spikes..

looks like a very well hidden electrics for the windshield washer.. Now it just leads to some cleaning, as only one of the four outlets works.. But hey it sprays a good 20 feet or so... Guess I can use it to spay those behind me to the right evilgrin.gif
76-914
I thought it was the contact switch for the turboincabulator. smoke.gif
nsr-jamie
Nitrous biggrin.gif
Steve
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 11 2011, 08:06 AM) *

Nitrous biggrin.gif

Too fast, too furious!! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.