Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener back from painter with no tail lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rpg5553
Got my 71 teener back from the painter with only one brake light nothing else working on the tail lights. sad.gif They did not label the wiring and so I have a mess.
Found a blown fuse and suspect the turn signal relay is also fried. Will order one Monday. Got my Chiltons manual out and can make no sense out of it to check where the wires go. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or color chart for the tail lights? I got my meter out and started checking the wiring but have a concern what color the grounds are. Hate to make things worse by trial and error getting
the tail lights wired up properly. dry.gif
Thanks
Ronnie G
mepstein
Grounds are usually brown.
Eric_Shea
That'll be easy... the gang here has diagrams and pictures. Do a search and, I changed your sub title to get you some more responses.
914itis
Check the bird site, if nothing comes up< i should have a hard copy, let me know and i will post it for you.
Eric_Shea
No responses yet? I found my thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...5&hl=wiring
rpg5553
WOW smile.gif Thanks for the help. The old diabetes is getting to my eyes so when I look at wiring diagrams the BK, BL, BR all look the same. dry.gif The attached layouts sure helped. Now I have tail lites and break lites. Still got a problem with the blinkers as its blowing the #2 fuse from the right. Guess I need to order the
turn signal relay and see if that fixes my turn signal problem. Will do the old arm signals for now biggrin.gif
Thanks again for the help.
Ronnie G
Bills914-4
Cool, perfect timing , having issues with my turn signals since I rewired it after getting back from painter , Thanks Bill D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.