Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Portland to Seattle & back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
The seattle "breakfast club" (meet) turned out great. Must've been 20 to 30 (including some 911ers) of us packed into one area of the Alki Bakery all talk'n 914's. After eat'n Geoff took us down the road a piece where we could line up on the waterfront and gander at all the teeners. People riding & walking by check'n us out, even had one guy stop and talk to us. He had a shop once upon a time that worked on Porsches. I asked him if he would go out & get one now that he saw all of our. His reply..."NO that was the worst Porsche to work on! Worked on too many!" But he loved looking at all of them. We all had a good time. Maybe someone will post a few pics that were taken with some names.
bruce clap56.gif
Bleyseng
What no tickets! Damn Bruce, we have to dig up a hot 2.0L engine to put in your car so you can get some tickets. Maybe with that slick Megasquit EFI....what do you think?

Geoff
Bruce Allert
Hoo boy!
Geoff, I've dreamed of having a nice hot 2.0 for Punkin. driving.gif Bring it on and I'll out run them boys in blue... :finger2: MDB2.gif until they get on the radios :gilloutine:
That Mega Squirt system was really neat. And the price was, as someone there said, cheaper than a set of carbs.
I made good time getting home. 3 1/2hrs. That included stoping at "BugerKing" for a gut bomb. Didn't even need dinner!
Everyone was cruising at or near 85.
Saw a Lexus SC450. What a nice looking car. Nice Babe in the pasenger seat too!!! wub.gif
bruce
J P Stein
Now that WA has Krispy Creme shops we'll prolly see a lot fewer WSP on the road.....that's my theory and it's mine.
Dave Cawdrey
I eat them by the dozen... Mmmm mmm wub.gif
The donuts... tongue.gif

Great to finally meet ya, Bruce. Nows I can put a bushy face w/ the name wink.gif
Bleyseng
There is one in Issquah now but they are building one out at 125th and Aurora. Now all the "night ladies" will be back on Aurora since the cops will be too busy.
Geoff
rhodyguy
did you guys notice the fellow that lived across the street come over? he had a very clean t-3 sb in his front yard. he looked at a some engines, asked about the hp. "can i put one of those in the sb?" i told him yep, directed him to shoptalkforums. keep your eyes open for a clean, brown, stock looking sb tearing around akli. t-4 power baby!

kevin
Bleyseng
That was a sweet 72 type 3 SB! It will be cool to have 95hp in a type 3.
Geoff
rhodyguy
i can just picture it. some kid in an accord w/ a big wing on the back. the guy that came over looked to be in his late 60's. he punches the sb in 3 gear, amf!

kevin
seanery
SB = Super Beatle?
rhodyguy
type 3. that would be a fb(fast back) or sb(square back/wagon).

kevin
seanery
OIC
Bleyseng
There is a guy (Tom) in Seattle that has a type 3 notchback (2 door sedan) with a 2.8L engine in it. Hooked up to a autotranny of all things. Car was featured in VW Trends a couple of months ago. That's a rice killer! Has 5 bolt Fuchs on it too I think.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
A Notch is on my list of cars to own. I'm looking for a Sunroof Notch. I'll drop it on a later T3 pan with IRS.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.