Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR WON'T OPEN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
I finished my project and have been enjoying some short drives in town. This morning I went to Starbucks and could not get out of the car cuz the driver side door would not open from the inside. It will open from the outside. I have not pulled the door panel off to inspect what it could be. I am not familiar with the internal door pieces.

If someone might know what and where I need to look internally that would be great. Any idea of what piece might have broken so I can ask around if any one has one..whatever it might be?

I have a 1970.

Thanks gents...
McMark
First, try removing the little screw that holds the interior trim 'ring' in place. If that screw is too long, it'll interfere with the handle.
jk76.914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 12 2011, 11:42 AM) *

First, try removing the little screw that holds the interior trim 'ring' in place. If that screw is too long, it'll interfere with the handle.

agree.gif Yes. Exactly. And along that same vein, if your door handle mechanism is slightly too far back where it screws to the door, the handle will bottom out on that interior bezel before it's gone far enough to unlatch. It'll work fine with no bezel, but not with, so see if removing the bezel fixes the problem (only the one screw). I removed the mechanism (requires removing the door panel), and slightly enlarged the mounting holes, and then remounted it as far forward as it would go in the bigger holes. No idea why I needed to do this, but I did.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.